WESTMORELAND FRONTS SOLE JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI ATTACK AT CADWELL PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WESTMORELAND FRONTS SOLE JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI ATTACK AT CADWELL PARK
[Image: jgspeedfitbighdr.jpg]

Having taken his debut MCE British Superbike Championship podium last time out at Thruxton, and following a successful one day test last week, James Westmoreland heads to Cadwell Park ready to taste more success. Unfortunately, team mate James Ellison has been forced to miss this weekend following the injury sustained at Thruxton.

With a tough opening few rounds, JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider James ‘Westy’ Westmoreland marked his return to form at Thruxton with an emotional maiden MCE British Superbike Championship rostrum. It was a disaster for James Ellison however, as a blown engine from the bike in front of him dropped oil on the track, seeing him crash at high speeds and breaking his wrist in the process.

Following the accident Ellison has been undertaking sessions in the Hyperbaric Chamber, along with sessions of muscle stimulation and ultrasound, to speed up recovery time. However despite having the cast removed on Monday, the bone has not quite fully healed and he has been ruled out of this weekend’s action. He will make his racing return at Oulton Park, with the team planning to have him out testing the JG Speedfit Kawasaki machine beforehand.

With the picturesque Cadwell Park circuit being one of the most challenging on the MCE British Superbike Calendar, Westy will be fronting the sole JG Speedfit Kawasaki attack at the annual fan favourite ‘Party in the Park’. The team enjoyed a strong test around the 2.18 mile circuit last week, working through a number of settings which will allow them to hit the ground running for opening Free Practice on Friday morning.

Eager to make a return to the podium, James Westmoreland said,

“After Thruxton I’m really looking forward to going to Cadwell, my home round, ready to push at the front once again. It’s a unique track and is always a special event with the crowds packing the banking opposite the start finish straight helping to create a really exciting atmosphere.

We had a fantastic test here last week, where I was able to set my fastest ever lap around the circuit. So I’m definitely confident we’ve got a good package and I know the team have got some ideas to try as well so hopefully we can get three strong practice sessions under our belts before getting a top qualifying position. I’m gutted for James, and it will be strange not having him in the garage with me, but I know we’ll see him back to his best at Oulton.”

Disappointed to miss the Cadwell Park round, James Ellison added

“It is really disappointing to not be able to race this weekend at Cadwell, it’s a fantastic circuit and one I’ve had some good results at in the past. I know Westy will be doing the business for the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team though and I’ll be coming along on Sunday to support him.

The injury is doing really well, it’s just not quite healed enough to race this weekend. I had the cast off on Monday and am getting some movement into it and am also back in the pool exercising. With another week I would have made it, but I’ll be back at Oulton Park fully fit. I’ve got a good point’s haul and I should still be in a Showdown position by then, so it will be a case of securing my Title Fighter position and getting our championship challenge back on track!”

JG Speedfit Kawasaki Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen added,

“It’s a real shame for James to be missing this weekend, particularly after all the effort he has put in. However Westy showed last time out his capable of running at the very front of the British Superbike pack and had a strong test here recently, so we head into one of the most popular rounds of the year looking to add to our podium tally!

We plan to have James out testing the Kawasaki ZX-10R Superbike before his return at the Oulton Park triple header, allowing him to assess the various developments we’ve made on the bike since Thruxton. With the speed of his recovery so far, we anticipate he’ll be back to full fitness and I’m confident we’ll be seeing him finish the season in the very competitive form he’s already shown.”

MCE British Superbike Calendar 2015

21/22/23 August            Cadwell Park (Lincolnshire)
4/5/6 September            Oulton Park International (Cheshire)
18/19/20 September      TT Circuit Assen (The Netherlands)
2/3/4 October                Silverstone GP (Northamptonshire)
16/17/18 October           Brands Hatch GP (Kent)

[Image: Ellison-will-miss-Cadwell.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2015, 08:54 PM by Malcolm.)
18-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Website Find Reply