Junk Mail
Anonymous
Unregistered

Junk Mail
I have just returned fron holiday to more than 3000 e-mails, mostly the most appalling junk you could imagine...........Thankfully my latest spam filter has relocated the worst, (The Spambin) but isn't it making this whole precious system a mockery.

I remember all the fun and practical use we had with CB radio when it was "Illegal" and was unlicensed...When it was made legal it burnt itself out with all the mess that came on the airwaves...........

There was a vey active Douglas CB club on the Island and a notso active one up in Ramsey.

They jhelped us the plot the progress of Doug Randall, our rider, in the early 80's, with CB radios at set places on the course, manned by enthusiasts..........AND it worked !! This was long before the mobile phone !!!

Is there anyone out their who was a CB'er and used it in motor cycle racing ??? I know that after we had tried it, a number of riders had it, Nigel Rollason was one for instance...I had a site at Windy Corner and could chat back to the Grandstand from there....

Good Days, Good Memories.........

Finally because I was away, I missed an item on e-bay, a 7" record dedicated to Mike Hailwood..
Had I been in the UK I would have bid for it....

Has anyone a copy in their collection please, and a copy they would either sell to me or send me a tape of it....

Please help

Now there's a few topice for you to answer ??

27-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Junk Mail
Please forgive the spelling errors in the earlier posting---I got home from Heathrow very late last night !!

Topice should be topics of course and their shud be there.............
sorry y'all
27-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome back. I await all oyur topics with anticipation, and isn't Malta lovely? And Orkney, and Madeira...think I must have a thing about islands...
27-09-2003, 01:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes helen, especially dark ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ade! xxx
27-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gave Barry Wood 4 of those for his birthday and he was going to drink them this weekend...report to follow!
By the way, I've been too busy to do anything about it, but that email didn't come from my computer...wouldn't know how to send a batch file if I wanted to....did you get the IP, or any other properties of the sender? I will contact Ecosse.net. Been having a bit of trouble with mail not coming through. Haven't got a virus, though...had the whole shebang overhauled and vetted last week...it works now!
27-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

get back to you tomorrow on that gal. i know it wasn't you.
ade!
28-09-2003, 12:09 AM