RAF Reserves BMW team boosted by Red Arrows visit ahead of Cadwell Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RAF Reserves BMW team boosted by Red Arrows visit ahead of Cadwell Park
[Image: redarrowsatcadwell.jpg]

The RAF Reserves BMW team have begun their build-up to Peter Hickman's home round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire this weekend (21/22/23 August) with a special visit to RAF Scampton to meet with the Red Arrow pilots, the Blues and other members of the Squadron.

The Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, are renowned for their incredible precision flying displays, with the jets capable of a ground speed equivalent of over 700mph. In addition to this role, the Red Arrows also assist recruitment into the Armed Forces, promote the excellence of the Royal Air Force, support British industry and assist defence diplomacy.

The RAF Reserves BMW team joined the team at their base to compare the similarities between preparations for their respective events this weekend.

Hickman was victorious at the Cadwell Park round last season, scoring his first win in MCE BSB, and ahead of this weekend has high hopes of another strong performance at one of the most challenging circuits on the calendar.

Hickman said:

"It has been fantastic to come to RAF Scampton and meet the Reds and the Blues before Cadwell Park this weekend. There are similarities where we are both having that adrenaline rush from the speed and close moves that we have on track during races and the Reds during their displays. It is great for us to have the support of the RAF Reserves and if people are visiting Cadwell Park this weekend make sure you pay the RAF Recruitment team a visit in the Gooseneck trade area."

Flight Lieutenant Stew Campbell, better known as Red 4, commented:

"As a motorcyclist myself the two disciplines of flying and bike racing have several similarities - you need to be calm, focused and they both require a lot of preparation. I know the feeling of riding a motorbike and I think racing a bike on a track would probably feel faster than when we are in the air in the jets, as you have more on the ground to give you an awareness of the speed. We fly in close contact and that is also a bit like the riders on track, but I think for all of us that becomes second nature."

The RAF Recruitment team will be on site at Cadwell Park, located in the Gooseneck trade area during the MCE BSB event this weekend.

For more information visit www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment

Click here for the full gallery from the RAF Reserves BMW team visit to RAF Scampton

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
21-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Website Find Reply