Hickman scores first MCE BSB podium double at home round
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hickman scores first MCE BSB podium double at home round
[Image: hickmandoublecadwell.jpg]

Peter Hickman scored his first ever double podium finish in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship for the RAF Reserves BMW team at Cadwell Park, pulling off a sensational last lap move on Tommy Bridewell at the Chicane to claim second place.

Hickman had celebrated his first win in the championship at the Lincolnshire circuit last year, but today (Sunday) he gave his best performance of the season to move up the order and prove he intends on being a threat at the front over the final four rounds.

Hickman said:

"It's been a tough weekend because I had a big crash yesterday but that's part of the job and you've got to just get on with it. I want to give a massive thanks to the team because they've been mint all weekend and repaired the bike really quickly. It felt really good, if anything it felt maybe better than it did before the crash! My phone hasn't stopped all weekend and the support from the fans has been mega.

"Two podiums in the dry help to put the doubters out and now it's important to carry on this form. It's been a tough year in BSB for me with the first round going well and since then we've kind of gone backwards. We've been a bit unlucky with a few things so hopefully that luck has changed.

"We had to really battle for that one as we didn't have the luxury of the two safety car intervals to have a bit of a rest! I made a bit of a mistake which let Tommy through, I ran wide at Charlies and he just got me as his bike is just a little bit faster than mine, but I sat behind him and he was a bit slower than me in a couple of places including Mansfield, so I thought I would wait for the last lap and let him have it. I just want to thank everyone for their support this weekend.

"Oulton Park is mega and when we tested there earlier in the year I was really close to the lap record but unfortunately had that crash and broke my back and ribs so fingers crossed we'll have a weekend closer to the lap record and less of the crash!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
Pic by Impact Images
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2015, 08:47 PM by Malcolm.)
23-08-2015, 08:34 PM
Website Find Reply