Repsol Honda duo on first row with Marquez taking record breaking pole
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Repsol Honda duo on first row with Marquez taking record breaking pole
[Image: repsolhondahdr.jpg]

Marc Marquez has racked up his sixth pole position of the season with teammate, Dani Pedrosa, clinching third.

It was a good day for the Repsol Honda team at Silverstone today, with both riders qualifying in the top three. Marc set the pace early in the qualifying session while Dani, who paced second fastest for much of the session, finished with the third fastest time.

The reigning MotoGP World Champion made his intentions clear from his first exit, taking the lead with a time of 2’00.564. During his second and final outing, Marc lowered his time to stop the clock at 2’00.234, a record breaking pole position time which he previously set in 2013 (2’00.691), which surpassed Jorge Lorenzo who qualified second by almost three tenths. This is Marc’s 28th pole in the MotoGP class, the only Spanish rider with more poles in the premier-class is Lorenzo with 31.

Dani joins his teammate on the front row in the third position, after being overtaken by Lorenzo in the closing stages of the session. The Respol Honda rider was less than two tenths off of the second position and less than half of a second off pole with his time of 2’00.716.

The British Grand Prix, round twelve of the season, will be held tomorrow at 13h00 local time.

Marc Marquez  - 1st - 2'00.234 

"It was a good qualifying session. When I did the first lap I noticed that if put together the perfect lap, maybe I could get very close to 1’59.00. But I noticed I was right on the limit a couple of times, and especially in the last sector I was missing a little something under braking. In the end what counts is that we took pole position! You can always improve, but it was a very good lap."

Dani Pedrosa  - 3rd - 2'00.716 

"I'm happy because the goal was to be on the front row. It is always important to start well in the first few corners and I hope to catch up with Marc and Jorge. We will be watching the weather, because it is difficult to control the temperature of the tires. Marc's pace has been very good; I'm a little further behind on used tires, but let's see how the weather is tomorrow and what we can do. I have to get a good start and take the opening corners well, in order to stay with the front group."

[Image: marquezpolesilverstone.jpg]

1 MARQUEZ Marc
2 LORENZO Jorge
3 PEDROSA Dani
4 ROSSI Valentino
5 ESPARGARO Pol
6 SMITH Bradley
7 REDDING Scott
8 CRUTCHLOW Cal
9 IANNONE Andrea
10 ESPARGARO Aleix
11 HERNANDEZ Yonny
12 DOVIZIOSO Andrea
13 VINALES Maverick
14 BRADL Stefan
15 BAZ Loris
16 MILLER Jack
17 BARBERA Hector
18 PETRUCCI Danilo
19 LAVERTY Eugene
20 BAUTISTA Alvaro
21 HAYDEN Nicky
22 DI MEGLIO Mike
23 CORTI Claudio
24 ABRAHAM Karel
25 DE ANGELIS Alex
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2015, 05:36 PM by Malcolm.)
29-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Website Find Reply