BROOKES RETURNS TO WINNING WAYS TO LEAD TITLE CHASE INTO THE SHOWDOWN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES RETURNS TO WINNING WAYS TO LEAD TITLE CHASE INTO THE SHOWDOWN
[Image: milwakeeyamahahdr2015.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha’s Josh Brookes leads the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings into the Showdown opener at Assen after securing a win and a second place finish at Oulton Park today.

In the opening race of the day Brookes launched to the front of the pack on the second lap and he held his position, despite the attack from his rival Shane Byrne. A string of consistent and fast laps gave the Milwaukee Yamaha rider the edge as he claimed his seventh win of his campaign.

In the final race of the triple-header weekend Brookes again hit the front of the field and following a safety car intervention continued to hold the lead. However in the closing stages he was lacking grip and on the penultimate lap was pushed back to finish in second place.

Josh Brookes

"I felt quite comfortable in the race today but I was struggling at the end with grip. It is difficult to accept to lose it in the final race. I had put my head down and did everything I could and we were running a good pace. I rode as hard as I could but Shakey could do more.

“The Showdown feels real now, especially after a weekend like this one with the highs and lows of the good luck and bad luck we have had at Oulton Park. When we are all lined up in the Showdown I will be giving it everything to try and win which is always my approach and plan and that will continue until the end of the year. I have high hopes for Assen now, but anything can happen.”  

[Image: brookespodiumoulton.jpg]

Brookes leads the standings into the Showdown
06-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Website Find Reply