IDDON & BENNETTS SUZUKI TOP-10 AT OULTON BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
IDDON & BENNETTS SUZUKI TOP-10 AT OULTON BSB
[Image: bennettsuzukilogo.jpg]

Bennetts Suzuki’s Christian Iddon raced to two top-10 finishes at the Oulton Park MCE British Superbike championship triple-header ninth round today after a high-speed crash in Saturday's opening race left him feeling battered and bruised.

Iddon was fighting for a top-five finish in Saturday's race before he suffered a huge crash after clipping the grass in the closing stages. Thankfully he was not seriously injured, but was left feeling very battered and bruised.

With his Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 rebuilt, Iddon rode to two solid top-10 finishes in the remaining races after two close-fought battles around the Oulton Park circuit, finishing ninth and eighth.

Christian Iddon:

"Obviously we don't want to finish eighth and ninth, but it's been a challenging one. Firstly I need to thank the team for all the hard work that was put in. They built me a brand-new motorcycle overnight. We also made some drastic changes to the set-up for the first race today and it improved things. We made some even bigger ones for the last race and while the finishing position wasn't much improved, you just have to look at the lap-times to see how much-of-a-difference it made to our pace."

Josh Waters finished 15th in the second of the three races, but struggled in the final race to finish outside of the points in 19th. However, the double Australian Superbike Champion is remaining positive as the series heads to Assen, where he stood on the top-step of the podium in 2014.

Josh Waters:

"I improved on my qualifying position in the first two races and got some points on the board. Sadly the last race wasn't as good as we made some changes that didn't pay off, but the team will go away and keep working on the bike between now and Assen. I've got good memories there, so hopefully we can find some more improvements to the set-up and have a good weekend."

Martin Halsall - Team Owner:

“Christian struggled a bit today after that big crash yesterday. He's a bit beaten-up but we're proud of how he gritted-his-teeth and dug-deep to get two top-10 results, The racing was incredibly-tight out there and considering Christian missed the test and was riding injured at the last round here earlier this season, it was a solid performance. The team has worked incredibly-hard this weekend, firstly to rebuild the bike for Christian after yesterday's crash, but also to make the big changes to the set-up like they have and for the pay-off in improved lap-times.

"Josh scored some points over the weekend on his Bennetts Suzuki but struggled a bit in the last race. However, Assen is up next and it's a circuit he's fond of and has gone well at in the past including winning there last season, so we'll pour-over the data from this weekend and keep trying to find the right set-up for him and go again in Holland."

Race Two Result:
1. Josh Brookes 2. Danny Buchan 3. Dan Linfoot 4. Luke Mossey 5. James Ellison 9. Christian Iddon (Bennetts Suzuki). 15. Josh Waters (Bennetts Suzuki). 

Race Three Result:
1. Shane Byrne 2. Josh Brookes 3. Tommy Bridewell 4. Danny Buchan 5. James Ellison. 8. Christian Iddon (Bennetts Suzuki). 19. Josh Waters (Bennetts Suzuki). 

[Image: iddonleadsoulton.jpg]
Christian Iddon leading this group

[Image: joshwatersoulton2.jpg]
Josh Waters

07-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Website Find Reply