Mar-Train going for Gold at The Mount
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mar-Train going for Gold at The Mount
[Image: martrain2015logo.jpg]

Mar-Train racing head to Oliver’s Mount this weekend hoping to pick up where they left off in July when Dean Harrison scorched to a dominant double victory.

The Bradford man has enjoyed most of his 2015 success at the picturesque North Yorkshire circuit scoring double wins at both the Spring Cup and Cock O’ The North events. This weekend sees the 65th annual running of the Gold Cup races with the added attraction of the re-run of the Cock O’ The North trophy race which was abandoned in July following an oil spill.

Harrison will compete in a total of six races over the two days on his YZF R1M and R6 Yamaha UK machines as he attempts to add his name to the prestigious list of past winners such as Agostini, Sheene and Fogarty.

[Image: deanoprescarboro.jpg]

Team Principal – Tim Martin

“Dean has been in superb form every time we have gone to Scarborough this year so I am confident he will be in the hunt this weekend. He was set for an incredible weekend in July before the meeting was abandoned and of course gave the new YZF-R1M its first ever road race win in April so hopefully he can continue that form. We have been working hard since the UGP and have an upgrade to the electronics on the superbike so I’m looking forward to a good weekend.”

Rider – Dean Harrison

“We’ve gone well at Scarborough this year, the circuit seems to suit the new R1 and we’ve got a few wins under our belt already. I missed the Gold Cup last year because of my wrist so I’m looking forward to getting back this weekend, the crowd and whole event is always mega. There are plenty of guys who can win races so it will be good fun, we’ve made more improvements to the big bike since the Ulster as well so we should be on the pace.”

Practice and qualifying takes place from 09:00 on Saturday morning with racing commencing at 13:30 on Saturday and 13:00 on Sunday.

11-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Website Find Reply