Injured Andy Reid replaced by Superstock contender Joe Francis
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Injured Andy Reid replaced by Superstock contender Joe Francis
[Image: andyreidoffatoulton.jpg]

British Superstock 600 prospect Joe Francis has stepped in to replace the injured Andy Reid in Keith Flint’s Team Traction Control Yamaha outfit at Assen this weekend.

British Supersport rider Reid is out for the rest of the season after breaking his wrist following a massive crash in race two at Oulton Park in the previous round as he led the race with the finish line in sight.

It was a massive blow for the 21-year-old from Jordanstown, who had clinched his maiden win in the class at the Cheshire circuit in the Sprint race.

Reid has been forced to switch his attention to 2016 after a bitterly disappointing conclusion to his rookie campaign in the championship but intends to come back stronger than ever.

“I should have just won the race, it’s as simple as that,” Reid said.

“I’m proper sore at the minute, but it’s a clean break and will now just need six or eight weeks to repair itself. I’ll do some stationary cycling to keep it all ticking over and I’m also intent on attending the remaining three rounds.

“I’d really like to make a bid to win the British Supersport Championship next season. I’ll need to speak to Shaun Muir [SMR and Milwaukee Yamaha team owner] as well over the next few weeks as I am under contract to SMR,” he added.

“For now it’s all about keeping myself motivated, my name to the fore and keep doing the PR work. It’s all part of the job these days.”

Despite Reid’s absence, Northern Ireland is ably represented in the class this weekend by Gearlink Kawasaki star Glenn Irwin, plus Marshall Neill and Keith Farmer at the ‘Cathedral’.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
18-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Website Find Reply