Mossey: “I did a few hairy moves and could have closed my eyes!”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mossey: “I did a few hairy moves and could have closed my eyes!”
[Image: mosseypodiumassen.jpg]

MCE British Superbike Championship rookie Luke Mossey claimed his second podium finish of the season in the second race at Assen, overcoming the changing conditions to finish ahead of some of his more experienced rivals.

The Quattro Plant Kawasaki rider was ruthless in his quest to hit the front of the pack and by the sixth lap was up to second and pushing Josh Brookes at the front. The pair traded blows for the lead and after a few moments where Mossey had to save himself from crashing he dropped behind James Ellison, but has moved himself closer in the battle for the Riders Cup.

Mossey said:

"I didn't enjoy the start of that race that's for sure! It was a bit hairy to start with but to get back on the podium after the disappointment of race one and the crash we had in qualifying yesterday, is great for me and the team. Hopefully now we can keep this momentum going and stay strong for the final two rounds.

"In the race I didn't get the best of starts and where the sun was shining on the track it looked slippery and it was hard to decide if it was dry or wet. We have nothing to lose this year, it's my first season in BSB, and so we took our chances. I did a few hairy moves where I should have probably closed my eyes at but in the end it was brilliant for us."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
Pic by Impact Images
20-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Website Find Reply