John Kennaugh R.I.P.
Albert Offline

Threads: 2
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P.
Some of my visitors couldn't quite see why John was on the morning talk show. They were new to the TT and I assume there were others who would have wondered the same.

It took a while for them to appreciate that the TT was more than the racers and their mechanics, far more than the organisers, and the officials and the Isle of Man Government.

They understood however the necessity of the marshals and John would tell how as youngsters they would look forward to being 14, the age you could be a marshal. John had plenty of tales to tell about his days as a marshal but his words went deeper than the stories of the races. At the same they told, for example, of growing up here and the feelings of excitement that took over the Isle of Man on the run up to the TT.

John was of course a farmer and he spoke for many of them, without whose assistance, perseverance and permissions the TT would not be what it is today (aye, farming can't just suddenly come to a halt because of some races). John also spoke for many people of the church, again, without whose help the TT would not be what it has become (how many churches around the course provide seating, toilets and teas for the races)

But most of all, and John has said this himself, he wanted to represent and perhaps be a voice as much as he could, of the ordinary Manx person. I think that was a job he did excellently.

His quietly spoken words provided wonderful perspectives of the Isle of Man TT and did so much to ensure that the ordinary person, without whose will the TT simply would not exist, did not go unnoticed.

Early morning Radio TT can never be quite the same.

God bless your good soul John.
25-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
John Kennaugh R.I.P. - by c iom tt - 22-09-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P. - by theton58 - 22-09-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P. - by Moderator4 - 22-09-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P. - by Promor - 22-09-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P. - by DBD 34 - 22-09-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P. - by Alfie Noakes - 23-09-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P. - by Revvin rich - 23-09-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P. - by Albert - 25-09-2015, 12:34 PM