JG Speedfit Kawasaki duo Ellison and Stapleford ready to end season on a high
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG Speedfit Kawasaki duo Ellison and Stapleford ready to end season on a high
[Image: jgspeedfitbighdr.jpg]

Following a tough weekend at Silverstone, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team are ready to bounce back this weekend at Brands Hatch and end the season on a high. The Kent circuit has proven a happy hunting ground in the past, with Ellison enjoying two race wins in April and a podium here in July; whilst Superbike newcomer Stapleford took both Supersport race wins.

Although now mathematically ruled out of contention for the 2015 MCE British Superbike Championship title, Showdown star James Ellison heads to Brands Hatch eager to end the season on the podium. Having made his debut in the Superbike class at Silverstone Luke Stapleford impressed everyone with a point scoring ride in only his second race and the young Supersport Champion will be looking for a repeat performance this week.

With Brands Hatch being the ‘home’ round for not just the GBmoto team but also sponsors JG Speedfit and Global Reach Partners, both riders will be assured of strong support around the iconic 2.4 mile circuit. The final race weekend of the year is also a triple header, with a race Saturday afternoon before the two traditional races on Sunday.

Disappointed to be out of the title chase James Ellison is looking to end the season with victory

“Obviously Silverstone was a bitter blow, we had worked so hard to get back into the title hunt and to be ruled out this close is gutting. It took a few days to get over it, but it’s done now and we’ve got to be pleased with where we are considering the injuries we had. Our goal at Brands is to consolidate our position in the Championship and try to return to the stop step.

I’ve never won around the full GP circuit, so will be looking to put that right this weekend. I managed to get my first ever double at the Brands Indy round earlier this year so would love to be able to tick off a triple – although given how well Josh is riding at the moment and that you can never rule Shakey out, I’m under no illusions as to how difficult that will be! The entire JG Speedfit Kawasaki team has been incredible again all season and I’m really looking forward to next year already – but first, I want to repay them with three great results!”

[Image: ellisonpresilverstone.jpg]

Despite having five races to compete this weekend, Superbike rookie Luke Stapleford is ready for the challenge

“This weekend is certainly going to be a big ask, but I’m really excited for it. It wasn’t so bad at Silverstone physically, it was more a mental challenge trying to secure the Supersport title. As soon as we had done that, I felt good and Sunday there wasn’t a problem switching between bikes. I’d much rather be out riding a bike than sitting around anyway, so five races should be good fun!

Obviously I’m still learning the Superbike, but the difference wasn’t as huge as I thought and watching some laps of the track I think we could have another good weekend, push on and score some points. I’d love to be able to get a top ten, but we’ll see. Prior to this year, Brands was never a track I felt that great on but we had a brilliant weekend in July and I’m really looking forward to getting the ZX-10R out there.”

JG Speedfit Kawasaki Team Manager Mike Kane

“It’s certainly been another year of highs and lows, but I’m incredibly proud of how hard the team has worked and how we have progressed this season. We’ve not only managed to secure GBmoto’s first BSB victories and a whole host of podiums, but are still sitting in third position in the Championship, despite the injuries James suffered - which were through no fault of his own!

We now head back to Brands Hatch, a special circuit for the team and our sponsors; ready to finish the season on a high - the top step! Although the Championship might be over for us, we won’t be treating this weekend any differently and we’ll be pushing to the very end to get some more great results.”
13-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Website Find Reply