Brookes: “To hell with the maths – I want three race wins!”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes: “To hell with the maths – I want three race wins!”
[Image: brookeswithtrophy.jpg]

Josh Brookes holds the advantage in the fight for the 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship title and ahead of the title-decider this weekend the Australian admits he isn't thinking of the maths and just wants to win all three races at the #BattleofBrands.

Brookes was victorious on the Grand Prix circuit earlier in the season and is bidding to become the first Australian rider since a certain Troy Bayliss in 1999 to lift the British title. The Milwaukee Yamaha rider has so far been unstoppable in the Showdown races, but he knows the opposition won't be holding back in the three races.

Brookes:

"I think that I am looking at this weekend as I have in any other year of coming into the final round. I feel pretty much the same, the only difference is in previous years I have gone into the event with the belief that I can win the title and then I have had the acceptance stage of not winning and thinking about how I could the next time. I am still in that same mental space right now; it is just that on paper I am in a more favourable position this year.

"The last visit to Brands Hatch before was where it all came to the stage we are at now with the Milwaukee Yamaha and since then it has been fine tuning because the ideas we had worked with had come to fruition. I am just focusing on the racing this weekend. In my head I could try and work out the maths and the different scenarios but to hell with it! I just want to win all three races!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
15-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply