Marquez and Pedrosa en route to Valencia for 2015 season finale
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marquez and Pedrosa en route to Valencia for 2015 season finale
[Image: repsolhondahdr.jpg]

Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa are headed for the ultimate race of 2015 in front of their home fans.

The MotoGP race at the Circuito de la Comunitat Valenciana is held on a 4km track comprising of five right handed corners, eight left handers and a 650m straight. Although the track is regarded as quite small, the stadium style grandstands can seat up to 150,000 spectators.

With their recent run of form – winning the last three races – the Repsol Honda Team will be hoping to make it four in a row this weekend, ending the season on a high note and putting the situation in Malaysia between Marc and Rossi behind them.

Marc, who won in Phillip Island but unfortunately crashed out in Sepang after contact with Rossi, has enjoyed three podiums at this track including two victories – 2014 (MotoGP) and 2012 (Moto2). Dani, who has won two of the last three races (Malaysia and Japan), has a fantastic record here celebrating ten podiums which include six 1st positions – 2012, 2009, 2007 (MotoGP), 2005, 2004 (250cc), 2002 (125cc).

Marc Marquez  - Championship Standing: 3rd - 222 points

"It’s been a difficult week after what happened in Sepang but I’ve tried my best to put it behind me and concentrate on my training and looking forward to the final race of the season. We want to finish on a high note so we will work hard from Friday to get the bike setup well and give ourselves the best chance for the race. I’ve had mixed results here in the past but I enjoy racing here in front of the home fans. I hope the events of the past week can be put behind us and we can focus on the race."

Dani Pedrosa  - Championship Standing: 4th - 190 points

"It’s been a great but tiring few weeks. We’ve worked hard and won two races and this is something I couldn’t have imagined in Qatar at the beginning of the year. Now we arrive in Valencia for the final race of 2015 and it would be great to finish with another victory. I’ve had good results here in the past so I hope to be able to put on a good show in front of all the Spanish fans and fight for the win."

The Circuito de la Comunitat Valenciana was completed in 1999 and held rounds of the MotoGP and Spanish Motorcycle Championships in the same year. The Cheste track has several layouts, running anti-clockwise with varying lengths. MotoGP events are held on a 4km track comprising of five right handed corners, eight left handers and a 650m straight. Although the track is regarded as quite small, the pit complex contains 48 garages whilst the stadium style grandstands can seat up to 150,000 spectators. The circuit layout which allows all parts of the circuit to be seen from any stand helps to create a unique atmosphere enjoyed by Spanish and international riders alike and as the last race of the season there is always a party feeling to the Grand Prix, which was voted best GP of 2005 by IRTA.

[Image: valenciamap.jpg]

1 ROSSI Valentino 46 ITA 312 Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha
2 LORENZO Jorge 99 SPA 305 Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha
3 MARQUEZ Marc 93 SPA 222 Repsol Honda Team Honda
4 PEDROSA Dani 26 SPA 190 Repsol Honda Team Honda
5 IANNONE Andrea 29 ITA 188 Ducati Team Ducati
6 SMITH Bradley 38 GBR 171 Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha
7 DOVIZIOSO Andrea 4 ITA 153 Ducati Team Ducati
8 CRUTCHLOW Cal 35 GBR 118 LCR Honda Honda
9 PETRUCCI Danilo 9 ITA 107 Pramac Racing Ducati
10 ESPARGARO Pol 44 SPA 103 Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha
11 ESPARGARO Aleix 41 SPA 97 Team Suzuki Ecstar Suzuki