McConnell reunited with TAG Racing and Yamaha for 2016 MCE BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McConnell reunited with TAG Racing and Yamaha for 2016 MCE BSB
[Image: mcconnellwithanvil.jpg]

Australian Billy McConnell will be reunited with TAG Racing and Yamaha for his 2016 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship campaign as the 2014 British Supersport champion returns to the team.

McConnell returned to MCE BSB this year after his title-winning season in the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship and scored his first podium finish in the premier class at Cadwell Park, adding to a string of top ten finishes.

McConnell is ready to come out fighting and is expecting to be challenging inside the top ten every weekend with his sights set on a place in the end of season Showdown.

McConnell said:

"I'm really happy to get back on the Yamaha for 2016, and to rejoin the TAG Racing team. I have a big spot in my heart for Yamaha and we have seen what a great package that has been this season.

"I have some history with the team after riding for them in 2011 in Supersport and it's just coming back into familiar territory, it's also coincidence that the team are also supported by Tamworth Yamaha who has supported me in the past. I'm hoping the Yamaha will support my style a little more, just like a 600 so I'm really happy with it, I have a good team around me and two great team-mates with James and Shaun.

"The Superbike class is so tough, you need everything to blend in from the team and to the mechanics, it's a little bit different for me after spending four years with the Smiths team, I'm excited but nervous in a good way as well because I'm working with a few new people again after settling down with them. It's a new start and it's something that I really want to sink my teeth into.

"I think the bike will suit my style, I won't be able to tell until I ride it but when I've seen it on track this year with Josh riding it, it looked and sounds cool and from just sitting on it, it feels like a Supersport bike.

"Everyone says the same thing, but I really want to make the Showdown this year and I think we will always aim for the top ten and top five. I just want to go in there and ride the best I can and we proved last year that if everything goes right we can make the podium. I feel that top ten finishes are very much achievable and I obviously want to try and get a few more podiums. I can't wait to get on the bike in testing, and I really can't wait for the start of the season."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
04-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Website Find Reply