Danny Pedrosa injured
Anonymous
Unregistered

Danny Pedrosa injured
Just heard that poor little Danny appears to have sustained two broken ankles during practice at Phillip Island. This is a real shame as I was looking forward to watching him race against our local lad, Casey Stoner. Rossi has broken the lap record in practice. Incredible. I, for one, hopes he signs with Yamaha. What an interesting series that would make for next season.
17-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Danny Pedrosa injured
Jan, he would wipe them out if he rode an Excelsior.My brother in Melbourne said there is a massive crowd of bikes there and more arriving all the time. Big turn out for Barry as well. At least we can watch it during the day for a change.
17-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes while we are "Camping out" to watch it over here Sleeping bags and bottle of wine at the ready ! Come on Troy Bayliss .......podium please ????
cheers,
Stella
17-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Stella, I have just checked the fridge to ensure I have plenty of Chardonnay. I will certainly need it if Bayliss and the other Aussies do well. On the subject of Valentino I think he should do a season with each of the makes and as Don suggests, would probably win on most. He is an amazing talent. Weather looks to be good.
17-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear about young Danny`s injury, at least he had the championship won ! Looking foreward to Philip Island i just love watching them racing there. Seriously hope Troy Bayliss does well, one of the good guys ! Would LOVE Valentino to go to Yamaha and hope he does. Think he would relish a fresh challenge and think he would still win ! Heres to a good safe weekends racing.
cheers,
Stella
18-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The news is that Daniel Pedrosa was taken to the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne to undergo surgery and it is expected it will be at least two months before he will be able to walk again. He slid into a tyre barrier at the back of the circuit 8 laps into the opening practice session, the report said.
18-10-2003, 01:47 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The hospital said he broke one ankle and one heel and the operation took four hours. He will be going back to Italy for more operations before he is 100%. He is really unlucky as heaps of people fell today at high speed without any lasting problems.
19-10-2003, 10:19 AM