Eugene Laverty breaks wrist and dislocates shoulder in Jerez crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Eugene Laverty breaks wrist and dislocates shoulder in Jerez crash
[Image: eugenelavertybrokenwrist.jpg]

MotoGP rider Eugene Laverty suffered a broken left wrist and a dislocated shoulder after a crash during winter testing at Jerez in Spain.

The Toomebridge rider also took a bang to the head and was admitted to hospital for CAT scan on Thursday evening for further assessment.

Laverty, who was continuing to clock up the miles on the Power Electronics Aspar Ducati after the team’s switch from Honda machinery, is due to fly to Barcelona on Friday to the Hospital Universitario Quirón Dexeus, where Dr. Xavier Mir and his medical team will conduct surgery to relocate and fix his broken and displaced radius.

The battered and bruised 29-year-old said:

“It’s a disappointing end to a good day of testing. We made good progress with the new electronics and the last exit before I crashed was probably the first time we had the bike working correctly. 

“The lap times were getting better and then I crashed, so I’m disappointed. It would always be nice to do another day but the positive thing is that the bike is working well, we are not too far away from the others and Yonny [Hernandez] can continue to test tomorrow,”
he added.

“Also the Ducati guys are making a big effort so the aim right now is to recover and return in Sepang in a good way.”

MotoGP riders shared the Spanish circuit with a number of World Superbike competitors and continued to test the new standard electronics system and Michelin tyres that will be used in the premier class in 2016.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
27-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Website Find Reply