Backlund joins Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki for 2016 MCE BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Backlund joins Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki for 2016 MCE BSB
[Image: backlundheadshot.jpg]

Swedish contender Filip Backlund will return to the expanding 2016 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship grid, announcing today (Saturday) at Motorcycle Live that he will be joining the Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki team alongside Luke Mossey.

25-year-old Backlund completed his first full campaign in the premier class last season, pushing for top ten finishes with a best result of eighth at Snetterton and is eager to push forward in his second full season, with the additional support from Cool Milk.

Backlund said:

"I'm really happy to be joining the Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki team for 2016. I have known Pete and them team since my first year in England in 2013 and I have always thought that they do a great job in terms of results and also how they work together with their riders so I'm really excited. I am also looking forward to when we can start testing the new 2016 Kawasaki ZX10-R as it seems just by looking at the recent tests from the World Superbike and GBmoto teams that it's a very strong package and has some good improvements.

"After my first full season in BSB last year and also on Kawasaki machinery it feels good to stay with the same manufacturer. I have now ridden Kawasaki machinery since 2012 with a short appearance with Yamaha at the end of 2014. I really like the Kawasaki and I have adjusted my riding style to suit that. There are a few areas that I will work together with my Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki crew I have around me to make me feel more comfortable but I'm sure we will have everything in place ahead of the first round at Silverstone.

"Our goal is to be consistently inside the top ten but also to fight for top six positions. I will also be very honest and say that I'm a racer and I always race to win, that's my main goal so we will work hard to be able to reach those top spots."

Team Owner Pete Extance commented:

"Filip has a lot to offer and we feel with good set up and a top crew around him, he will show his true potential in 2016 MCE BSB alongside Luke who returns for his second season with the team."  

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
28-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Website Find Reply