TYCO BMW LAUNCH BRITISH SUPERBIKE TEAM FOR 2016
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO BMW LAUNCH BRITISH SUPERBIKE TEAM FOR 2016
[Image: tycobmwplainlogo.jpg]

Tyco BMW is pleased to announce a revised line-up for the upcoming 2016 British Superbike Championship season, with a third rider also competing in the National 1000cc Superstock class.

Ulsterman Michael Laverty, who finished this season with a debut win on the Tyco BMW S1000RR at Brands Hatch, will remain with TAS Racing for a second season, where he will be joined by versatile Stockport racer Christian Iddon.

Laverty, who finished fourth overall in this season’s BSB championship, boosted by a strong end to the season that included four podiums from the final six races, is confident of a consistent championship challenge in 2016.

Michael Laverty:

“I am delighted to be back onboard the Tyco BMW for the 2016 season. The continuity of same bike and team is something I’m really excited about, given the terrific progress we made towards the latter part of this season. We went out with a win in the final race of 2015 in BSB and that signals our intention going into the New Year. The TAS team has some interesting developments planned for the Tyco BMW S1000RR this winter, so taking into consideration that we finished the season with a winning motorcycle, a winter of fine tuning is an intriguing prospect.”

Former World Supermoto star Christian Iddon closed out his 2015 season in the top ten of the British Superbike Championship, but is now looking ahead with optimism having secured a deal with Tyco BMW.

Christian Iddon:

“I’m mega excited to be joining the Tyco BMW team, who for me have so much experience and kudos in the BSB paddock. To be the only team to get both riders in the top six Showdown this season also proves their level of commitment to both sides of the garage. I’m excited to be working alongside Michael Laverty and to be linked with BMW in their official team is also a big plus for me. I’ve seen how good the Tyco BMW guys are from the outside, so I can’t wait to get started as part of their team.”

[Image: tyco2016teampromo.jpg]

11 time Isle of Man TT winner Ian Hutchinson, who will ride the leading International Road Races in 2016 with Tyco BMW, will also campaign a S1000RR for the Northern Ireland based team in the National 1000cc Superstock class during 2016.

Ian Hutchinson:

“We secured the deal just over a month ago and now that my 2015 season is over, I’m really looking forward to getting going with Tyco BMW. After pretty much four years away from the sport I now need a bit of consistency. BMW is a huge brand and along with Philip Neill at TAS, they have shown how much they want to be involved with me for next season. That enthusiasm sold it to me and with direct support from BMW Motorrad it was hard to turn down.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“After a very satisfying first season together with BMW Motorrad everyone at TAS Racing is looking forward to a second season with the BMW S1000RR. In turn, to have our long-term title partner Tyco Security Products remain with us for another year is very pleasing indeed. It was always our intention to continue with Michael for a second year: his experience and end of season form have left us feeling optimistic for 2016.

“I am extremely happy to welcome Christian to our team for 2016. I have always admired him as a rider to be honest. I truly believe that with our experience as a team, the quality of the BMW S1000RR package and Christian’s unique talent as a rider, we have all the ingredients to be successful.

“Obviously we are really excited to have Ian Hutchinson onboard as a member of Tyco BMW for next year, and together with the International Road Racing events, Ian will support our BSB campaign in the National 1000cc Superstock Championship.

Finally, a big thanks goes to BMW Motorrad, Tyco Security Products and to each of our associate sponsors for your continued faith in TAS Racing.”

Guy Martin will be playing a significant role at Tyco BMW during 2016. Once we have his racing schedule finalised for the season we will make an announcement.

02-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Website Find Reply