Mossey relishes chance to 'keep turning heads'
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mossey relishes chance to 'keep turning heads'
[Image: lukemosseysignsfor2016.jpg]

Luke Mossey says that he won't be feeling any extra pressure going into 2016, as he aims to continue impressing while stepping up as the lead rider for Quattro Plant Kawasaki, while he gets to grips with the new ZX-10R. 

Last year, the 23-year-old Mossey graduated to the MCE British Superbike championship in impressive style by going on to claim the BSB Riders' Cup as well as the top rookie honour. 

In 2016 Mossey will be joined by Filip Backlund at Quattro Plant Kawasaki and he will play a pivotal role in helping his squad develop the new Kawasaki machine which is something he is already looking forward to. 

Mossey said:-

“We have the new model already and it is in our workshop, we should be getting on it in January but I am not sure what date yet for a shakedown test somewhere in England and then hopefully another shakedown test in Spain before the official tests at the start of March.” 

Having kept a keen eye on reports coming out from BSB rival team GBmoto Kawasaki's initial tests with the ZX-10R in Spain, Mossey has been filled with confidence  that the new model can enable him to continue to make progress up the rank in BSB. 

“I've read what Ellison has said about it and I know that he was largely on a stock bike and he said great things, I know that it is going to be a good package and it will be a big challenger next year so I am already looking forward to getting my leg over it and start testing. I think we are going to be turning some heads.” 

The Cambridge-based rider also says the demands placed on him by his team are just as equal to his own, so he isn't feeling any extra pressure, after enjoying a successful breakthrough campaign. 

“It is a nice feeling but I know what a job I have to do for myself. Obviously I have the team's goals for what they want to achieve but I also have my personal goals for what I want to achieve. It is a team effort and they expect a lot from me but I also expect a lot from myself.”
06-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Website Find Reply