Walker set for 2016 challenge: Sidecar switch for the Stalker!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Walker set for 2016 challenge: Sidecar switch for the Stalker!
[Image: stalkerwithchairpromo1.jpg]

Fans' favourite Chris 'Stalker' Walker will be back in the MCE British Superbike paddock this season, but not as you have seen him before! The MCE BSB runner-up and multiple race winner will be switching to three wheels, joining the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship in association with Molson.

Walker will switch from his more familiar Superbike to the three-wheel beast, where he will be positioned just inches from the track and can hit top speeds of 170mph in the most extreme support series to feature at selected MCE BSB events.

Walker will make his racing debut in the Championship at Oulton Park in May with the experienced Santander Salt Kawasaki team and is already excited about the new challenge ahead - comparing it to the feeling he had when he first raced in the Superbike class back in 1995.

'Stalker will get his first taste of the sidecar in anger in six weeks time with his debut test as he prepares for "one of the biggest challenges" he has faced during his distinguished career despite his huge experience in two wheel competition.

Walker said:

"The BSB paddock feels like my home and so I am really excited by this completely new challenge, especially as the British Sidecar Championship is going from strength to strength. I have no knowledge of it so I am full of anticipation, although I have to say it is still a bit daunting!

"I guess the last time I had that kind of feeling of the complete unknown was my first Superbike race in 1995; Hizzy was out injured and I got called up to replace him. I was up against the big hitters of BSB and the night before I was like a six year-old at Christmas; I think that was the last time I really experienced such a dramatic change. Even switching from motocross to road racing didn't feel as big as I had been riding road bikes.

"There is so much bright talent emerging in BSB right now and I have looked at the larger picture; I am a racer through and through, I always will be. This is a time for some of the young riders to get their chances whilst in my mid 40s I can still go racing and still get that feeling of a challenge, which is an amazing thing to be able to say.

"I really don't know what to expect and that is what I think excites me the most. The sidecar is completely different to a Superbike in terms of the gearing and braking so I am sure that will be something for me to get my head around, but the biggest draw for me is the new challenge.

"I have the security of some great team-mates and good people around me who I can learn from. I want to come out and chip away because I know that this is probably one of the biggest challenges of my career. With a Superbike I had ridden a bike since the age of three; I have only had a go in a sidecar once and that was in 1986 and a completely different animal!

"I have no preconceptions and I am realistic about the season. I will approach it like I did when I first raced Superbikes and that is to learn from my more experienced team-mates and use that as a gauge and just keep trying to improve.  Hopefully the same thought process that worked for me in my Superbike career will replicate onto three wheels too! The team have shown faith in me by giving me this opportunity and I am just excited now to get started."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
13-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Website Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Walker set for 2016 challenge: Sidecar switch for the Stalker!
I've been a Stalker fan since first watching him drift his RS250 into the Hairpin at Mallory Park in 1995. Good luck to him with this venture in the Slideys. This I gotta see lol. !!!!!
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
13-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Find Reply
BenjiesDad Offline

Threads: 10
Didnt see this one coming !!
Good luck to him,

Whos in the Chair ?
13-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: pilmoor-brady1.jpg]

Walker’s passenger revealed: Pilmoor-Brady in the hot seat for 2016

MCE British Superbike Championship runner-up Chris Walker will make his much anticipated debut in the Hyundai Heavy Industries British F1 Sidecar Championship this season and Portsmouth-based Jed Pilmoor-Brady will be in the chair as his passenger in Stalker's rookie campaign.

Pilmoor-Brady will add his experience of the F1 Sidecar paddock to the mix within the three-strong crews under the high profile Santander Salt team; the 21-year-old had a solid 2015 season assisting Ian Drowne to eleventh place in the final standings for Mick Robson Racing.

Pilmoor-Brady said:

"I'm very honoured to be asked to passenger for Chris. He has had such a distinguished career on solos at the highest level and I've absolutely no doubt he will take to the outfit with equal determination.

"He has a two-year arrangement, so the plan is to use the early part of 2016 for Chris to find out how it all works, but at the same time aiming to put in some good lap times. Once we settle in together, we can only progress. This is a great opportunity for me, and I intend to grasp it with both hands.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
18-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Website Find Reply