New Richard Britton film documentary launched
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
New Richard Britton film documentary launched
[Image: richbrittonfilmpromo.jpg]
Pictured at the launch of the Richard Britton film documentary are (L-R) Ryan Farquhar and wife Karen and Richard Britton's wife Maria.

Ryan Farquhar was among the guests at Tuesday’s launch of a new DVD tribute to Irish road racing star Richard Britton.

Scheduled for release later in January, the film, entitled ‘Richard Britton - The People’s Champion,’ has been produced by Colin and Alwyn James of Waldovision Ltd, the team behind ‘Joey Dunlop Remembered’ and ‘How The North West Was Won’.

The hugely popular Enniskillen man was tragically killed at the inaugural Ballybunion meeting in Co Kerry more than ten years ago on Sunday, September 18, 2005.

Dungannon man Farquhar previously hailed Britton as one of the best road racers ever to emerge from this country and attended the launch with his wife Karen.

Running for 75 minutes, the documentary includes interviews with Richard’s family and friends, plus fellow racers including Steve Plater, Jamie Whitham, Ryan Farquhar, Brian Reid and Phillip McCallen.

Along with Farquhar, Darran Lindsay and Martin Finnegan, Britton was a top level competitor in an era when the National road racing grids oozed star quality.

Archive footage of many of his successes has been kindly provided by Greenlight Television and the DVD will be available for purchase at the end of this month.

The premiere will be held in the Enniskillen Hotel (formerly Fort Lodge) at 8pm on January 23.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
13-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
RE: New Richard Britton film documentary launched
nice to see the end of the month is listed for the dvd
when fist hearing about this i contacted duke to see if they were going to stock it
after about a week i got a reply saying we are aware of the dvd but as no release date is set we cant coment further
i replied by saying i knew there was a launch night advertised
they replied we dont see it being launched in the imediat future and no launch night has been anounced as yet ?????
good old duke video
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
14-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Find Reply
Evilkinevil-15 Offline

Threads: 4
I asked the villa if they were thinking of showing it this TT (also asked if they were thinking of showing the new Speedway documentary, speed Mud & Glory)

answer was;

With regard to the possible films, I have passed on your comments to our programming staff, so hopefully they will be able to look into these.
15-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Find Reply
Evilkinevil-15 Offline

Threads: 4
the dvd is now available via the website

http://enniskillen100revival.com/richardbritton/
25-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

thanks very much for that my copy is on ordeer
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

26-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Find Reply
JAT Offline

Threads: 5
Ordered mine yesterday, I can't believe it's 10 years ago! We lost a top fella that day.
28-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

got mine today ill watch it later
real bargin at £10+p&p
it is hard to belive its 10 years i was at olivers mount when i heard the sad news
also same day michael park co driver to markko martin was killed during rally gb
very sad day for motorsport

(This post was last modified: 28-01-2016, 07:02 PM by scaramanga.)
28-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Find Reply
rockerjohn Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Thank you for the share i am going to watch this Smile
06-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

well worth watching
and as ive said a bargin compared to some other titles out there costing more that are just the same as the tv coverage we got for free

06-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Find Reply