Cameron Donald linked with shock return to Wilson Craig Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Cameron Donald linked with shock return to Wilson Craig Racing
[Image: camdonaldonwilsonbike2013.jpg]
Cameron Donald in action on the Wilson Craig Honda in the Superbike TT in 2013.

Australian star Cameron Donald has been linked with a shock return to former team Wilson Craig Racing for 2016.

The two-time Isle of Man TT winner has championed Norton’s return to the legendary Mountain Course since 2014 and in December was announced in a two-man line-up with new signing and fellow Aussie David Johnson to ride the Norton SG5 in the Superbike and Senior races this year.

However, it is understood Donald - who covered himself in glory at the TT in 2008 with a Superbike and Superstock brace on the Relentless TAS Suzuki machines - could be in line to sensationally renew his association with the Ulster race team owner.

The News Letter caught up with Craig on Tuesday night moments before he was due to board a flight before jetting off on holiday, when he refused to confirm the possibility of a deal with Donald.

“I’m going on holiday and I won’t be back for a few weeks, so I won’t be looking at anything until I’m back,” Craig said.

Pressed further, he added: “There’s nothing to say about it.”

Donald previously rode Craig’s Honda machines from 2011 to 2013, finishing second each year in the Superbike TT races.

Meanwhile, Craig is also understood to be considering a foray into Sidecar racing at the TT this year with last year’s winners Ben and Tom Birchall.

Mullingar’s Derek McGee signed for Craig last year after Jamie Hamilton had rode for the team in 2014.

McGee and Craig went their separate ways shortly after the TT, with Ballymoney’s Seamus Elliott handed the chance to ride for the team at Armoy and the Ulster Grand Prix.

Along with Donald, several of the sport’s biggest names have raced for Craig in recent years, including Keith Amor, Guy Martin and William Dunlop.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
28-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Website Find Reply