Peter Jarmann
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peter Jarmann
Interesting to know why my last posting got rejected for naughty words when I mentioned the tea tent by its proper name which is respectful to those staff who serve the tea..
03-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Naughty 'language'
Well I have emailed admin before about it,
its no wonder some don't post messages on here,
because some words are not 'naughty', its silly.
03-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Naughty 'language'
Haven was one of the words, which seems to get through, the other one which does not refers respectfully to the female volunteers that serve the soup. Seems daft to me.
03-11-2003, 11:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its because of previous abuse, and I'll ask Malcolm to explain...just call them tea jennies!
03-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a difficult one to explain. Ask Stella, as she had a problem some time ago trying to post and we couldn't work out why for a while. It took some close searching of the "naughty words" database to discover how this had happened and it was down to a word that Stella had used, that was actually a part of another larger word, which had been addedd to the list.

The database is not fool proof by any means, but what we try to do is prohibit the more obvious "naughty words" and then some that others have actually used in the past, which have slipped through the net.

If anyone has any problems in posting on the BB, then you can mail me explaining the problem, and I will do my best to sort this out.

04-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the word would be lady
04-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh...well. Perhaps not, perhaps the plural?
04-11-2003, 12:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Correct got it in two. Malcolm tells me he is sorting it.
04-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now sorted Ladies & Gentlemen
04-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies Haven was the term, it now works.
04-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mmmm quite like being a lady ! but scottish "laddies" appeal more....
04-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, Stella, you have been looking at too many of those kilted hunks at the KDMC dance! I've been persuaded to go to the sidecar dance this weekend...I tell you its busier than in the racing season!
04-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wouldn't think you'd need presuading to go...
05-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Malcolm, how in the name of the good God can the word "ladies" appear in any "bad language" check, even an American one (which I believe this is)???
06-11-2003, 12:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Larry,

Hi had an E-mail explanation from Malcolm. it was connected with a previous abuse on the B.B.
06-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Tom - he sent me that too!!!!!!
06-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have heard the old joke Larry.

"Who was that lady I saw you with last night?
That was no lady, that was my wife."

Anyway I met a nice lady the other night at the Melting Pot called Naomi. Sorry I missed you there Malcolm, I was just in time to watch Australia beat Scotland at the Rugby.

10-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don, you checking out my drinking den then ? Hope that Stan (and the girls) looked after you.

Sorry I could not be there as I have been clocking up the air miles since our last exchange of mail.
10-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure you shouldn't add Australia to the naughty language list, Malcolm? or maybe, referee...
10-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helen, when I want to say naughty word I just say things like Blo##dy Hell or *iss off and I have no trouble. Sorry about Scotland I did not think of you, I thought you were just supposed to lay back and think of England. I hope that was not too naughty!
10-11-2003, 11:28 AM