Marshalling and the future.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Marshalling and the future.
After reading the Peter Jarmann thread, I agree that another thread should be started to generate discussion on the Marshalling subject.

To assist off Island volunteers with travel costs, I wonder if a system could be instigated were you get with a card when you sign on to marshal. The Sector Marshals around the course could then have a stamp to stamp the cards everytime you marshal at a practice session or race. At the end of race week the card could be exchanged for a voucher to give a discount for next years ferry crossing. This would reward the marshals and encourage them to return the following year. We have got to encourage people to return each year otherwise the old stagers who have been doing it for years will not be replaced by new blood. Anyone with any other ideas or comments?
07-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Marshalling and the future.
Good man, and a good idea. Glad someone started the new thread on this most important and vital of subjects.

Come on everyone lets have your constructive ideas, the No Marshalls not T.T. and MGP.

How about Eric posting a detailed response of the feelings of the marshalls he knowsa on the island to help us.

07-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

good get the ideas going. as some body who tries to give something back as we run a bike in the MGP, i try to marshall as many sessions as pos. are the riders asked at the briefing if they have anybody in their group who can help.If you are not in the know, at first i think i can be dawnting that first step.Can we not get somebody to be a buddy to newcomers just to get them through that first session
07-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe the organiser's could get some training as well. On how to run an international meeting correctly, and treat both riders and marshall's better.
07-11-2003, 02:12 PM