Changes to the TT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Changes to the TT
I note that there is a posting querying changes to the TT. I can't tell you what is going on, but we do have TT related meetings this week. I would have thought that details of any developments will be revealed,possibly by the end of the week. I am writing this on the TT Website because I want those who read this message board to know that a great deal of work is going on behind the scenes, and I will pass on what I can, if I can, when I can.You will appreciate that I am restricted at the moment, but I would like to see some transparency, and let those who are passionate about the future of the TT have some say.I am pretty sure that the Tourist Board will issue a Press Release at the NEC Show, so keep your eyes skinned.
10-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Changes to the TT
THANKS NICK
10-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We await your report with baited breath, Nick....
See you at the NEC ?
We are going Friday..
11-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got back from Birmingham tonight. Attended a Tourist Board Meeting and then went on to the TT Riders Luncheon. Excellent gathering, very enjoyable, and I thought Murray Walker spoke very movingly about his association with the TT. It made you realise the passion for Island racing. I can't imagine a gathering of the kind witnessed today to celebrate x number of years of BSB racing. I'm not knocking BSB, I'm sure it's very good, but where's the passion?
Anyway, as I said at the beginning of the week, there will be an announcement by the Tourist Board tomorrow at the Press Day of the NEC Show.
I'm saying nothing, but hopefully you will when you have read it.
12-11-2003, 11:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hear what your saying Nick but would disagree re lack of passion at BSB. I think most of the rounds averaged 25,000 to 30,000 fans this season. Fantastic atmosphere and great days racing in all the classes. Just a shame the 125 class was not televised also as the racing was mega too.
cheers,
Stella
13-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Nick it was again a very special day at the TTRA lunch, the speech by Murray Walker was both amusing but also came from the heart, he is obviously very passionate about the TT as were everyone else there today
13-11-2003, 12:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Stella
BSB is exciting and good to watch but passion is different don't you think? The TT,MGP, Ulster gp NW200 etc generate passion for the magical and historic events that they are, BSB as good as it can be to watch cannot be passion inspiring, can it?
(User Above) Wrote::-)

Russ
13-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to agree with Russ. For me, although I have a passion for ALL all motor cycle sport, the True Road Racing has a special nostalgic Magic Passion. After all, it has developed over nearly 100 years on real roads that we can all ride on and there have been so many prominent Heros.
I just hope that "The Changes" will sill allow me to attend the 2007 TT.
Chris

13-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stella i couldnt agree more about the 125s probably the best race of the day in many cases, also watch young Midge Smart next year a star in the making.
13-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Russ i do understand what you are saying. Thinking it over i think one of the main differences is the fact that BSB is such a "big buisness" now where as the "roadracing" has a different kind of history thats associated usually where the races are run ? Think thats what i am trying to say. Still love the short circuit racing too though ! especially Oulton Park.
cheers,
Stella
13-11-2003, 02:56 PM