JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI TRIO BACK ON TRACK AT CARTAGENA AND GUADIX!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI TRIO BACK ON TRACK AT CARTAGENA AND GUADIX!
[Image: jgspeedfithdr.jpg]

Following four days of testing at Jerez and Aragon in January, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki trio head back to Spain this week to continue development on the all-new 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, with four days at Cartagena (3-6 March) followed by a further three days at Guadix (8-10).  

A positive opening round of testing last month saw the three JG Speedfit Kawasaki riders, James Ellison, Leon Haslam and Peter Hickman get their first taste of the full Superbike spec 2016 ZX-10R. Despite the bike being in the early stages of the full build, all three riders were impressed with the outright speed of the machine and were able to make steps forward with every outing – lapping impressively close to the full World Superbike spec machines sharing the track.

With the team returning to the UK following Jerez and Aragon, the bikes have been undergoing extensive development using the data gained and the team will be using these tests to further refine the package ahead of the opening round. Having been testing alongside the official World Superbike Kawasaki Racing Team previously, Cartagena will mark the first time the JG Speedfit Kawasaki trio share the track with fellow 2016 British Superbike teams.

Having just completed a week as a guest instructor at Colin Edwards’ Texas Tornado Boot Camp, James Ellison is excited to get back on his ZX-10R, 

“After the last test, I flew back to Texas to see the family and was joined by James Rispoli, he’s really quick on an motocross bike so it’s been good having him pushing me in training. I’ve also just spent a week instructing at Colin Edwards’ Boot Camp, I’ve been going every year since 2013 and whilst it’s a lot of fun I learn something new each time I come, and the riding and bike control skills definitely transfer to what we do on a Superbike.

I can’t wait to get back out on my JG Speedfit Kawasaki this week, the guys in the workshop have been working around the clock since Aragon to resolve some issues and bring the bike up another level so I’m pretty confident we will be able to hit the ground running. Cartagena is a great place to ride and we’ll be able to tick off a lot of set up options ahead of Guadix, It’ll also be nice to have some of the other BSB teams on track too as we’ll be able to see how we compare! By the time we get to Guadix, we should have a setting close to what we’ll be starting the season with, so can concentrate on getting ready to race!”

Eager to try the updated JG Speedfit Kawasaki, Leon Haslam added 

“It’s been a really good few weeks since Aragon, I’ve been busy training, riding bikes and spending time with the family and am now ready to get back out on the Kawasaki and focus on Silverstone. I know the guys haven’t stopped developing the bike since the last test so I’m really excited to try it out and see the level we’re at – particularly at Cartagena where some of the other BSB guys will be out on track.

Cartagena and Guadix are both great circuits, and although I haven’t been to Cartagena for about three years I still hold the lap record there which is pretty cool. The opening race isn’t far away now so we’ll be using the tests to get the bike set up and ready so we can head to Silverstone confident and ready to challenge at the front!”

Also having just spent a week at the Texas Tornado Boot Camp, Peter Hickman said, 

“I’m really looking forward to getting out at Cartagena and Guadix, they’re both circuits I know better than Aragon and Jerez and the bike is going to be a lot more refined and closer to the race bike so it’s exciting! The guys have been sending me updates on the bike, they’ve been putting in long hours to get them ready so I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Since Aragon, I’ve been busy training and I’m currently out in America at the Colin Edwards Boot Camp. It’s been brilliant; riding bikes, shooting guns and generally having fun but it’s also been really helpful. Alongside keeping bike fit, I’ve been able to learn a lot of things which will definitely help when we get out on the Superbike!”

GBmoto Racing Team Manager Mike Kane concluded, 

“Behind the scenes, the team has been working incredibly hard developing the Kawasaki ZX-10R’s and we head to Cartagena this week ready to continue that development on track. These two tests will allow us to try various components and settings, along with completing race runs so that we’re fully prepared for Silverstone in April.”

[Image: Ellison-on-the-2016-ZX-10R.jpg]
James Ellison

[Image: ExCel-gbmoto-launch-13-02-16-005.JPG]
Peter Hickman

[Image: haslamonJGC1.jpg]
Leon Haslam

29-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Website Find Reply