2016 underway for Quattro Plant Kawasaki trio in Spain
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2016 underway for Quattro Plant Kawasaki trio in Spain
[Image: quatroplantinspaintest.jpg]

As many of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship teams head to Cartagena this week, the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team have already completed their opening day of their 2016 season on track as Luke Mossey, Filip Backlund and Supersport contender Andy Reid began pre-season testing in Spain.

The team began their Spanish test programme in Almeria as Mossey begins his second season with Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki alongside new team-mate Backlund. Reid's debut with the squad marks the team's arrival in the Dickies British Supersport Championship for 2016.

Mossey said: 

"To be honest I am just happy to be back on my bike because it feels like it's been a long winter waiting for the new model to be ready. On the first day I worked on getting a feeling for the bike in the morning and especially the fly-by-wire throttle which is really the initial thing that I felt had a different feeling. Once we sorted that, I concentrated on learning the new engine and already after just one day feel really good on the bike and I am looking forward to the rest of the week."

Backlund said: 

"The first day was all about learning the new bike, the team and the way to ride a 210 bhp Superbike again after the winter! We worked hard all day and we were getting faster every session but were hindered by strong gusts of wind, which we hope die down today. I had a small crash in the afternoon due to the wind but everything is good, and like Luke, I am looking forward to the rest of the week."

Reid said:  

"At last I can ride my new Kawasaki Supersport machine and work with my new crew. The wrist is fully healed and I feel fit so that is really good. The new bike is so different to the Yamaha but feels very strong and I know already it will suit me and my style. The team is all new to me but we are working through a strategy and all is going great so far."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

01-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Website Find Reply