Pat Hennen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Pat Hennen
Gail i am glad Pat is not forgoton as he was one of my heroes also, in fact on his return i was privalaged to have him sign my Motocourse annual which i treasure to this day.
05-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm so glad I found this thread. Pat was a real hero of mine. I was 'drawn' to Texaco Heron Suzuki riders by the fact that my own bike was a Suzi GT250. Pat would have become world champion I'm sure. So exciting to watch. I have often wondered what became of my hero. I myself ended up with a broken neck (bad council road works)and spent six months in hospital so felt a kindred spirit so to speak.
I have just started riding again (Suzuki 600) after a long spell away from bikes and Pats memory flicked into my head.
So glad to know he's alive and kicking!!!
Chip:- Please tell him there are guys out here who still appreciate his passion & skill and are still enthralled by his riding skills all those years ago.
Cheers, Chris
02-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are , in fact, several of us!
An American at the TT was especially awesome!
I too was "drawn" to the team. Had one of them nice Heron tickets for years. This was at the time of my born again biker period. I wore the jacket AND a t-shirt with a GT750 exploded engine drawing on it.
I went to the TT from Staines (about 210 miles to Liverpool) on a nice new Suzuki 100. before I moved on to bigger bikes. Pat and the rest of the team were my heroes at the time.
Yes, many good memories.
03-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike i have a great photo of Pat and John Williams on my living room wall going over Ballaugh Bridge and i also have great memories of the past.
03-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike, you were as bad as me ! I rode from Lincs
on a H100 Honda to the TT.
I even went as far as having a Pat Hennen photo
painted on my 15th birthday cake which Jock Taylor
helped me cut, got photo to prove it !
Good old days !
04-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

To Everyone:

Thank you all for the kind words about Pat. My Japanese wife told me today that she had discovered this forum thread about Pat. As you now know, Pat has an older brother, Chip, and myself who is his younger brother. Pat has always been a humble person by nature, and even these days he still has not gotten up to speed with the internet and e-mail and all of the benefits. So, anyone, please feel free to pass on any messages to Pat through either Chip or myself, or just post herein and we will let him know. Chip lives close-by Pat and sees him often and I call Pat from Japan every few weeks. If you want to mail Pat directly, just send me an e-mail and I'll reply with his address. But I warn you, Pat shamefully admits he is painfully slow at writing back. Still, he loves to hear from his friends and fans.

With kindest regards - Dave Hennen
20-10-2005, 11:21 AM