Ellison overcomes early issues to make strong progress on day two at Cartagena
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison overcomes early issues to make strong progress on day two at Cartagena
[Image: ellisontesting1.jpg]

James Ellison admits that the team have turned a corner on their second day on track at Cartagena today (Friday) after making some further setting changes to get a better feeling from the JG Speedfit Kawasaki.

Ellison set his fastest time in the final five lap run of the day on used tyres, making strides forward with the set-up after a challenging start to the test and believes that the team now will begin day three in a strong position to move onto their next area of development.

Ellison said: 

"It was a frustrating first day but we found a big improvement from this morning to this afternoon. The boys did a big change over lunch and it was worth it. We went out after lunch and immediately the bike was better; we were stuck at 1min36s then we went out, didn't even do a 1min35, we were straight in to the 1min34s. I thought 'right, now we are back, lets have a think about what we need to work on next with the bike'.

"There is a lot of stuff on the engine characteristics that we have been wanting to do but we haven't been able to as we haven't had the bike handling properly, now we have got a bike that works, we can really start to focus on that. Thankfully the organisers gave us another five laps in the Superstock session at the end of the day and we went out on the same set of tyres, I think the front had done about 22 laps and the rear had done about six, and we went quicker again with just a few little tweaks so that was really positive. It was a completely different feeling to how I was before lunch, but it feels a lot better so we can start moving forward from now on."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
05-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Website Find Reply