Super confident Mossey wraps up Cartagena test early on final day
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Super confident Mossey wraps up Cartagena test early on final day
[Image: mosseyday3test.jpg]

Luke Mossey has ended the four-day Cartagena test before lunchtime on the final day after feeling confident with the progress already made by the Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki team and now focuses on the forthcoming official tests in the UK.

Mossey had set the fastest unofficial time on the previous two days on track; dropping to a 1m:33.1s lap time yesterday (Saturday) and the 23-year-old and the team have concluded the test early in preparation to return to the UK. The team had already previously tested at Almeria earlier this week and with positive progress made over the final two days at Cartagena, Mossey and the team agreed it was a good point to conclude their programme, feeling in a stronger position ready for the start of the new season.

Mossey said: 

"This time last year we were still in a bit of a no go zone; we had a really good test here last year, but we still hadn't even done our first race yet in the Superbike class last year so we were a bit on the back foot. This year though we go into the new season with a whole year under our belts already and I am feeling confident. The new bike is another step forward and an improvement on last year's bike so all in all, it is a massive bonus to be in this position and this week couldn't have gone any better for us really.

"We have a good base setting now to start the season with so I am comfortable and have a good starting point. It will be a bit different when we get back home but I am more than ready now to start the season at Silverstone. We know the job we have to do so now we are looking forward to getting home and regrouping ready for the official tests.

"We made some changes earlier in the week that didn't work so well, but it is a new bike so sometimes you have to go the wrong way to go the right way but I definitely feel that we are in a better position now than we were in this time last year. To have set the pace that we have here is a confidence boost as a lot of this game is in your head and so coming away from here with the lap times we have done is a really boost so we just need to try and carry this into the official tests before round one and we should be more than ready for round one."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
06-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Website Find Reply