Kiyo and Bridewell continue to make steps forward with the Bennetts Suzuki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo and Bridewell continue to make steps forward with the Bennetts Suzuki
[Image: bennettsatguadix.jpg]

The Bennetts Suzuki team continued their hard work from the opening day on track at Guadix yesterday into day two with three-time MCE BSB champion Ryuichi Kiyonari and Tommy Bridewell improving their pace as they continued to work through new parts in Spain.

Both Kiyonari and Bridewell tested a variety of different parts throughout the day, with the pair giving their individual feedback and ending the day feeling positive about the groundwork they had achieved on day two. The team consistently continued to improve their pace, with Kiyonari only marginally faster than his team-mate Bridewell at the end of day two as both sides of the Bennetts Suzuki garage worked through various setting changes.

Kiyonari said: 

"I think the conditions have been quite similar to yesterday; they were a bit better earlier but then went back to almost the same so we did some more work on the set-up. We have tried some different parts this afternoon; the new swingarm and some changes to the suspension. A complete different setting for the front of the bike and that was very positive, but we need to test some more and see if it feels the same in different conditions. I want to do some more laps tomorrow, I like to test back-to-back if we make changes. I always want to do new parts, then standard set-up, then new parts then standard again to make a decision if it has improved.

"I want to thank my mechanics as it has been a lot of work today to keep making the changes. I think it is clearer now where we have improved today with the machine balance as we made a big change with the front and that is better feeling in the mid-corner. We have been changing the setting little by little and I think we can do the same again tomorrow.

Bridewell said: 

"We have again managed to clock up a lot of laps today. The track conditions have been quite similar to yesterday to be honest, maybe even a little cooler but we have managed to utilise the time and get a lot of laps in and get some good information. We have tested everything from shocks to swingarms, wheel base lengths and areas like that.

"It has been a very positive day for that and the pace has been strong as well and I am feeling really comfortable on the bike now that I have got a really good understanding for how the Suzuki works with the different bits and it feels like my bike now. It would be nice to fine tune, but we have to concentrate on the bigger picture and keep testing but I am loving working with the Bennetts Suzuki team."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
10-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Website Find Reply