Tyco BMW's Laverty and Iddon back on track at Almeria
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tyco BMW's Laverty and Iddon back on track at Almeria
[Image: tycoatalmeria.jpg]

The Tyco BMW team continued their pre-season testing at Almeria yesterday (Wednesday) as Michael Laverty and Christian Iddon got to work at the second Spanish track on their test programme.

After a positive start at Cartagena, Laverty continued to move forward working through a variety of parts and setting changes at the circuit, focusing on improving tyre longevity whilst on the opposite side of the garage Iddon continued to adapt to the BMW at a track with different characteristics.

Laverty said: 

"It's all been good here at Almeria so far, we had a nice morning but really windy afternoon yesterday. Almeria requires a unique set up so we have been making some changes to improve front tyre wear and feeling. Overall I'm happy on the bike here and ready for day two."

Iddon said: 

"I spent the morning turning laps just to learn the track. It's a really hard place on the front end so in the afternoon we tried a few different combinations of setting to try to finish the corner and we seem to have found a good direction. To be honest I'm just playing with things still and learning the bike while Michael does the donkey work! Hopefully soon I'll know the bike well enough to give more valuable feedback to help us both."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
10-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply