Milwaukee - Chang Free Practice 1 & 2 report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee - Chang Free Practice 1 & 2 report
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes: - FP1 – 1’37.509 : FP2 – 1’35.504

“I’ve learned the track quickly but it was very slippy this morning because of the recent repairs to the track. The lap times were about five seconds slower than last year, so there wasn’t much I could do in FP1 except wait for the track to rubber in.

We still have some trouble with the electronics parameters which we had in Phillip Island, so we’ve been trying variations of those. The brakes are playing up a bit too, because of the heat and the long braking zones.

We’re making some small suspension changes too, but the focus is still on electronics and getting those to work together with the other changes we make. The team are trying a few different things on the bike, so we’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if they make a difference.”

[Image: joshbrookeschangtesting.jpg]

Karel Abraham: FP1 – 1’37.727 : FP2 – 1’36.201

“We’ve made progress on the set up, but in both sessions we had some technical problems that cost us quite a lot of track time. I still managed a good lap time though, and like Phillip Island we are aiming for good consistency.

It’s only a short free practice before Superpole tomorrow, so we have to work really hard to get to a level where we can make good progress.

For tomorrow’s practice the aim will be to improve my time, so if I can make P12 then it will mean Superpole 2, and that would be a good step forward. Everyone else will be pushing hard, but I believe we can get quicker lap times for sure.”

[Image: karlabramchangtesting.jpg]

[Image: milwaukeebmwfooter.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016, 06:31 PM by Malcolm.)
11-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Website Find Reply