Marquez: “We’ll fight to get the best result on Sunday”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marquez: “We’ll fight to get the best result on Sunday”
[Image: marquezprelosail.jpg]

Late improvements in testing offer Marc Marquez hope for the 2016 MotoGP™ World Championship.

The 2015 season was a difficult one for Marc Marquez, especially compared to 2014 when he stamped his authority on the premier class by winning the first ten races of the year. Things improved for Marquez when he switched to an older model of frame mid year, but he and the Repsol Honda Team were still unable to rediscover their back-to-back championship winning form. Many of Marquez’s issues were down to an overly aggressive engine, something Honda have worked on tirelessly over the winter period to improve. Steps have been made, especially in Qatar, but Marquez remains cautious over his predictions for the opening round.

In two out of his three races at the Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar, Marquez has managed to finish on the podium including a victory in 2014. In the past, even on a circuit which does not suit the RC213V such as Qatar, it was always expected that Marquez, one of the MotoGP™ World Championship ‘aliens’, could be inside the top five unless disaster struck. That certainty is no more in 2016, new Michelin tyres and new standardised electronics have created an incredibly level playing field which has already thrown up a number of surprises during testing. With 18 rounds over the year, Marquez will have plenty of time to improve his Honda and no doubt return to the top step of the podium.

Marc Marquez: 

“The season is finally about to start, and I’m looking forward to it. When we came here two weeks ago we did a big step forward with the setup at the very end of the test, and I really felt at ease with the bike, especially in my last run that was quite late in the evening, with the dew already starting to form. That’s positive in view of the race, even if we’re not yet where we’d like to be and still have a margin for improvement with the setup. The Losail layout may not be the most favourable of the season for our bike, but in the past we’ve scored a podium and a win here with the RC213V, so we’ll fight to get the best result on Sunday. This year there are a few variables that aren’t yet completely predictable, such as tyre wear at race distance, for example, and the bike’s behaviour with the new electronics. Still, Honda never cease to work hard, as is the case for me and the whole team, so I’m positive and look forward to the action starting!”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
16-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Website Find Reply