Crescent Racing and Pata Yamaha Excited Ahead of Donington Home Race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crescent Racing and Pata Yamaha Excited Ahead of Donington Home Race
[Image: patayamahalogo2.jpg]

The 2016 MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship began in earnest with action in Australia and Thailand over the past few weeks but as the first European race of the season fast approaches, thoughts are already turning to the Crescent-run Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team’s home race at Donington Park scheduled to take place over the late-May back holiday weekend (Friday 27th – Sunday 29th)

Racers Alex Lowes and Sylvain Guintoli both live within a stone’s throw of the Leicestershire circuit and count the track, and the event as a whole, as one of their favourites on the calendar – having both achieved podiums on the world stage in front of their home fans.

The 2016 UK round is sure to be a crowd pleaser with a full weekend of action organised on and off-track. WorldSBK’s new schedule will see Lowes and Guintoli race at 3pm both Saturday and Sunday, with Saturday’s qualifying Superpole set at 10.30am. The numerous national and international support races will also continue to thrill the avid fans throughout the three-day event.

Donington Park’s renovated landscape will hold an infield campsite zone, featuring a games area, live music and entertainment throughout the weekend, with adult tickets costing just £25 for Thursday to Monday access. Pata Yamaha’s two racers will also be making a special appearance on the main entertainment stage for those staying on for the evening entertainment.

Full race weekend tickets, including the all-important paddock access, cost just £55 per person (children under 13 are free) providing entry from Thursday through Sunday, with up close and personal Pit Walk tickets starting from £25.

Lowes and Guintoli will be visiting their #HomeRace circuit in advance of May’s two-wheel competition, so be sure to look out for a few surprises via our Facebook and Twitter feeds in the coming weeks!

Alex Lowes:

“Being my local circuit, Donington Park is one of my ultimate favourite tracks. I have always loved it there It’s exciting to ride and has some extreme differences over the lap with the faster flowing first half followed by a hard braking and accelerating end to the lap. The support from the home crowd always makes it that little bit extra special too so it will be nice to give something back with the surprises we have coming up in the next few weeks!”

[Image: alexlowesinthailand.jpg]

Sylvain Guintoli:

“Donington Park is like my home race as I only live 30 minutes from the track. I love racing there - it is the home of British Motorcycle racing and a proper motorbike track. It will be great to race the YZF-R1 in front of such support, but I am looking forward to experiencing it on four-wheels too!”

[Image: guintoliheadshot.jpg]
18-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Website Find Reply