Ellison: “Silverstone will be an important test for us”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison: “Silverstone will be an important test for us”
[Image: ellisonpensive.jpg]

James Ellison believes the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team are within striking distance of where they need to be with the set-up of the new 2016 ZX-10R Superbike and knows that the official test at Silverstone (March 29) will prove crucial ahead of the opening round at the Northamptonshire circuit (April 8/9/10).

Ellison and the team were able to take steps forward with the development of the Kawasaki at the two recent tests at Cartagena and Guadix in Spain, but knows there is still work to be done in the final test next week in preparation for the season opener.

Ellison said: 

"It's getting closer now! We had the tests in Spain but to a certain extent we were limited with what we could test, because Cartagena is different to somewhere like Silverstone, but we did use those tests to work through various areas and eliminate certain changes. We gathered information at Cartagena and Guadix that gave us a direction for the next test at Silverstone and the focus for me there is going to be getting myself as comfortable as I was on last year's bike.

"We got close to a setting in Spain, but we are not quite there yet and so that makes Silverstone an important test for me and the team. I think one of the areas we will focus on is where you have a high speed corner and carrying speed over the bumps with the lean angle. We worked a bit on that at Guadix but with the track temperature we couldn't quite push it as hard as we needed to, so if we can make some more progress on that, I will feel more comfortable which is the goal for the test at Silverstone."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
24-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Website Find Reply