norton rot.
Anonymous
Unregistered

norton rot.
was it Paul Lewis(australian)who had one of the first rides?
21-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: norton rot.
That's not the guy I was thinking of, can't remember his name for the life of me. Never heard much of him except that.
21-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've got a great photo of the roton at mallory park. the bike was blue and the rider was in red. if i can get it scanned i will send it you helen [it's behind the bar in bull's head at the mo]. and no, i can't remember his name either. sure he was australian though?????????????
ade!
22-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just remeber Paul as a very succesfull Battle of Twins racer on a Ducati sorry i cant help!
22-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you are thinking of Malcolm Heath.
Simon Buckmaster was the first to race the Norton at the TT.
Cheers Steve
22-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oops - If I had looked further down I would have seen Garry had already told you that.
22-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure also Mark Farmer and Matt LLewelyn riding the roton
23-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I suspect you are thinking of the Norton Challenge(?) - the Cosworth thing that never really happened. Loony Lewis did ride that in National BoTT for at least one year.
26-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

and it sounded absolutely f'ng georgeous, as did roger marshall's in his last race. was it mallory or donno? i watched both of them anyway ;-]
ade!
27-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Aussie that you guys are thinking about was Grant Hodson, and the machine was the first roton backed initially by fellow antipoedean Chris Oldfield who raced Armstrongs in the UK in the 80's. Malcolm Heath was the first factory test rider for the official team and the first win was at Carnaby with Andy Mc Gladdery on board.....heres my train.

Best wishes: JMC
28-11-2003, 01:15 PM