Joey Dunlop SP1 model
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joey Dunlop SP1 model
27-11-2003, 10:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Joey Dunlop SP1 model
It is a beautiful model by which we can remember Joey---#I have also asked Kevin to consider a run of scale model helmets, I have a collection of mini-hemets to which I would like to add Joeys.

A very good way of remembering Joey and the TT of the last century..................................

Will it EVER be the same ?????????????
27-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Joey Dunlop SP1 model
Managed to order one!
Mine is going on a shelf under the Rod Organ picture of Joey at Quarry bends.
Should be here tomorrow!

Mike
27-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Who else model ?
Who else should Kevin reproduce ?? And could he ???

It is time we had a " TT collectables series" like this one of Joey......

I would like to see Bob Mac on a Gilera, Mike Hailwood on either Honda or MV, Dickie Dale on the Moto Guzzi V-8 for a start !!

Are there any models (scale) other than Protar of these names from the past ?? I have plastic models but after 20 years they are starting to fall apart and discolour..

I know there is a pewter "Hailwood-on-a-six" but what about the other two......?????
27-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steven Hislop, Mike Hailwood, and Jock Taylor/Benga Johansen
27-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, you are right...There is not one model of a SIDECAR team---anywhere---Mmmmmmmm time to rectify that and no mistake.

27-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

DAVE SAVILLE .... Superhero
27-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have one of the plastic kits from Italy. This one is the Max Deubel outfit cmplete with the transfer of 2 children on the fairing!
Oh by tghe way.
What did you mean after TWENTY years?
I have an MV four from the same construcion kit company. Now I reckon I bought that in about 1961!
Thats FORTY two years! The honda six is standing up well too.
I worked for Airfix for a few years and their range of "racers" was very limited. I have a model of a racing honda based on the 750 Four but its not very convincing.
It would indeed be nice to see more models, but would they sell?
I for one would buy a Bob Mac Gilera, a hailwood Honda Six, a Surtees MV four , an outfit (preferably Klaus Enders for me!) maybe a Norton rotary? The question is, would others? Yes, I know some of YOU lot would, but would they be a commercial proposition, I know tooling can be expensive!

Mike
28-11-2003, 10:17 AM