MY TOYS. ATT ELWYN
Anonymous
Unregistered

MY TOYS. ATT ELWYN
Elwyn. Not only am I going to throw my toys out of the pram I am going to climb out and jump all over them and then kick the pram over.

Firstly you make a plonker out of me over 5 cylinder Hondas. Then you do my head in over who is riding the Formala 1 Honda with the name Joey Dunlop on the fairing on the front of the 1982 T.T. Programme.

You say it is Jon Ekerold, trouble is you are usually right. BUT!!!!! I can not find any record of Jon either entered, starting on finishing or retiring on a Honda.

Jon appears only to hsve ever ridden Yamaha's Suzuki's and once on a Bimota in the T.T and never to have ridden a Honda or ridden in a Formula 1 race.

On top of that this Ian Huntley bloke thinks it's Charlie Williams.

Please help and tell me how you know it's Jon Ekerold and tell me I am not ready for sectioning yet

30-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MY TOYS. ATT ELWYN
Hi Tom, Nice to hear from you.Sorry that you are slightly confused, but that photo on the race guide is of Jon 1981 Senior TT on a 500 HARRIS YAMAHA,I'm just wondering if we are looking at the same picture? The one I was looking at is the photo on the cover of the raceguide which was inside the actual programme? Also since then I have looked at his excellent autobiography and on page 97 is a photo of him leaping Ballaugh with a caption,'500 Harris Yamaha it was a machine,I must confess, I had little time for'
Hope this clears it up. Incidentally had call from Alan the other day, I have a photo of him sent to me by the late Esso Gunnarsson of both of them dicing Braddan Bridge, 1963 Senior TT, the photo is for Alan when I see him.
30-11-2003, 02:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

boys, boys, boys
Now, now nae fechtin'.
Next thing you'll be accused of tittle tattling...
30-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: boys, boys, boys
They might just be what you have been looking for Helen - a toy boy!
30-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Elwyn, it is not the race guide I am confused by it isthe front cover of the 1982 PROGRAMME it is getting me really rattled, I just cannot sus who it is.

It is a red plated Formula 1 Honda with Joeys name on the fairing and the rider is wearing a Kangol helmet, it is definately not Joey or Charlie Williams as suggested by Ian Huntley ???????

Duggie was over to visit for a week last month, he told me about the photo with Sven. No doubt he will show you the photos of him posing on the Causeway and just about everywhere else along the coast.
30-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This "Huntly" bloke was led to think that it might have been Charlie but I do have a story on file that HARTLEY KERNER was gifted a Honda works ride in that era.............Who can tell me about that special ride then ?????

30-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: boys, boys, boys
That lets me out, too old to be a Toy Boy, not old enough to be a Sugar Daddy!!
30-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah well Ian but whose the rider No 3 Works Honda Formula 1 on the front of the 1982 T.T PROGRAMME?

By the way how many old age pensioners free christmas dinners have you been invited to this year?
30-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

First things first...
I think you are all gorgeous, but, sorry, already got a lovely toy boy!
Now...to more important matters...if whoever has the offending front cover...and I have lost track...will scan it and email it to me <A HREF="mailto:...helen@ttwebsite.com">...helen@ttwebsite.com</A>...I will put it up on the site, and then we will all know we are looking at the same thing.
Does that help?
Your very own wicked old lady witch...
30-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: First things first...
Thanks Helen you beat me to it, i cant find it either.
30-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom, I have dug out the actual programme & the photo is of Joey on the 998 RSC HONDA, 1981 F1 TT,
the race that led to the HONDA black protest for Friday's Classic TT.This was Joey's first TT as a HONDA works rider & he finished 3rd, the race won by SUZUKI'S Graeme Crosby,causing all the trouble and protests.
30-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hartley Kerner (Honda)
In 1983 Hartley Kerner was drafted into the Honda Manufacturers team for the Formula 1 race, riding a very standard (looking) V-4 production machine, complete with silencers. The machine was entered as a Maxton Honda.
Finishing 19th, he was a member of the winning team with Joey (1st) and Roger Marshall (4th)
30-11-2003, 08:45 PM