Road racing Videos
Anonymous
Unregistered

Road racing Videos
Could anyone tell me whether videos are made of the Skerries100?
30-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Road racing Videos
no
01-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pykey

Nobody makes a video of any of the races in the South of Ireland, mores the pity, although BBC Northern Ireland did a five or ten minute feature on this years Skerries 100, which is well worth seeing if you can get a hold of it.

Paul
01-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

..... and of course the video clips of this years Skerries on the R.R.R. site, thought you might be too modest to mention them Paul. LOL ! ;-))
01-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for that information Paul about Skerries its a pity someone doesnt pick up on that, as a matter of fact Duke have made a brilliant film about roadracing 2003 but alas no southern meetings exept the Southern 100.
01-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greenlight are paid to film the Ulster Centre races for BBC Northern Ireland and this is the footage Duke have used for the new DVD/Video.

Greenlight would have to be paid to film it for someone, in the South, but as far as I know, RTE et al are not too interested. However, with road racing in the Irish Republic enjoying a massive rise in popularity at the moment, and the likes of Martin Finnegan and Jonathan Ralph coming through the ranks to challenge the Ulster dominance, perhaps this will change. I hope so; some of the races down there would make for an excellent DVD/Video.

Paul
02-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks again for expaining the video situation Paul but having seen the latest Road Racing 2003 i have only one criticsm the commentry, it would be nice to have an Irish commentator EG; Big D.
02-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Murphy Video Services make a video of Monaghan, which is in The Republic of Ireland , even though its an Ulster centre meeting.
02-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ammo is there a website? thanks for the information as we visited Monaghan last year and it was a brilliant w/end.
02-12-2003, 08:57 PM