Milwaukee - Superpole & Race 1 report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee - Superpole & Race 1 report
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes: - GRID: 14th - RACE FINISH: 11th

"It’s my first time racing here so I had to learn the circuit quickly on Friday, and there’s a new surface which was evolving during Practice.

We made a lot of changes to the bike this weekend, and at the start of Superpole it came into the range where my confidence built. In the middle of the session the bike changed as the track condition changed which was quite scary, and I think other people experience similar issues.

Starting from 14th wasn’t ideal, but during the early stages of the race I had a good feeling for the bike and I could fight for some of the top ten positions. We lost time towards the end as the tyres went away, but hopefully we can get on top of those and have a better race tomorrow.”

[Image: brookesatsepang.jpg]

Karel Abraham: - GRID: 16th - RACE FINISH: 12th

"We had some small issues during Friday practice sessions, but we fixed them quickly. Heading into Superpole I felt that we could have made Superpole 2, but it started raining in the first session and that slowed me down. 16th wasn’t too bad a result, but we should have been higher for sure.

In the race I got a good start, and I was fighting with the guys ahead of me for the first few laps. My pace was consistent and I was running close to Josh for a lot of laps, and it was good that we could both bring in points.

It was quite a tough race because of the heat, but I enjoyed it. For tomorrow we have some changes to make so that the bike works better in the conditions, and I think for sure we can get another good result."

[Image: abramatsepang.jpg]

Shaun Muir, Team Principal:

“It’s the first time at Sepang for the team, and we’ve had a lot to learn quickly. The weather has played a critical part, and it caught us out in Superpole. Josh was close to making Superpole 2, but needed some more track time to get the pace.

In the race, it was good to get both riders to the finish in similar points positions without issues, and we gathered some useful data. We’ve got a better feel for the bike going into Race 2, and I’d like to think we can finish even higher tomorrow.”

15-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Website Find Reply