The Real TT Heroes - Part 6
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Real TT Heroes - Part 6
Men & Motors at 6pm this evening (Sky Digital Channel 139). Repeated several times during the week, including 8pm on Wednesday.

08-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: The Real TT Heroes - Part 6
David all very well if you can recieve Sky but if you cant like me its hard luck?
08-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe somebody would like to start a round robin with their tape, so we can all see it and pass it on?
08-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Helen i would second that!
08-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a great series, a true insight in to the TT and the people that make the TT so good.I hope they bring it out on tape or dvd.
John
08-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would certainly buy it, but in the meantime, I'd love to borrow someone's tape.
08-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Helen, Pykey
You'll not be disappointed I'm sure it can be arranged for you to both see series.
Tonight so far was the best one as there was
quite a bit of Peter Jarmann also some of Anita
Buxton and Wade Boyd among bits of the others.
Bought a few tears seeing Peter leaving the TT
start line for the last time........RIP Peter
you'll be badly missed on the I.O.M.
08-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, Gail, there's a few here would want to see it. I know Kenny and Pat don't have satellite either, so we could all have a night in watching it!
08-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tonight's episode also featured the notorious double act of Musson & Griffiths in starring roles (?) during Anita Buxton's pit stop !
All the programmes have been truly excellent and a great insight into what goes on behind the scenes with the riders and their teams. I think the whole series has been a great tribute to Peter Jarmann, although tonight's episode was very difficult to watch, with Peter getting ready to go out on the ill-fated Parade Lap. I hope a video is made of the series in edited form - it will make for one of the best TT videos ever.
08-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn missed it tonight and I am going to a free pensioners christmas dinner on Wednesday, is it on this friday as well?
08-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's on again every day this week. Tuesday (12 noon), Wednesday (8pm), Thursday (3pm), Friday (6pm) and Saturday (12 noon).
09-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

That wouldn't be Kenny and Pat Birch would it Helen?

God you know some funny people . . . .lol
09-12-2003, 12:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have it on 3 DVDs so far! (2 parts per disk)
With each program running about 50 minutes, it will take some editing, if they release it.
This HAS to be the definitive film/program about the TT in general. The atmosphere and the detail of real people is superb AND rivetting! The characters featured are all larger than life, but ordinary people. The one person who fascinates me the most is our American friend! Such enthusiasm. It is hard watching those who didnt make it, of course, even for people who were not close to them. But what tributes and what memories.
Any idea how many more there are?

Mike
09-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont believe you are eligable for the pensioners party Tom? anyway enjoy it and watch out for those grannies who chase millionares, i believe there are loads of them were you have retired to, shhh.
09-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You better believe it Pykey. I have had invites to three, last Thurdsay at the local Presbyterian Church Hall, tommorow night is local community associations do at Port Ballintrae, then there is another one at the Joey Dunlop Centre on the 20th.

If you are looking for a wealthy widow and I mean wealthy, Vin Duckett tells me that Florida Keys is crawling with them all looking for men.
09-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks. That'll do me.
09-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, Pykey...I was thinking of pursuing yourself, but are you saying I'd be better chasing Tom? These toy boys are all very well, but a nice sugar Daddy now....
09-12-2003, 02:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

That settles it.
I've given up on Helen and am now off to Florida!!

PS Don't tell my wife. (She will want to go along for the cheap shopping)
09-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom i had a great night serving the food at my local "Salvation Army pensioners christmas night" last year ! My pals and i dressed up as Christmas fairies to serve the food. My wings were worn out by the end of the night !!!!!
cheers,
Stella
09-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stella, I think you and I should team up for this "sugar daddy hunting". TT 2004? Maybe Elizabeth and Jan would join us.oops...don't tell Alex!
09-12-2003, 03:31 PM