ALL EYES LOOK TO BRANDS FOR QUATTRO PLANT KAWASAKI
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ALL EYES LOOK TO BRANDS FOR QUATTRO PLANT KAWASAKI
[Image: mosseyonthegas.jpg]

After their recent visit to Northern Ireland and the International North West 200 road races, the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team resume their short circuit campaign at Brands Hatch this weekend – and with the full team in attendance, it promises to be a busy three days of action around the 1.2-mile Indy circuit.

Luke Mossey and Filip Backlund will again contest the two MCE British Superbike Championship races and are keen to bounce back after experiencing mixed fortunes last time at Oulton Park. Brands Hatch is one of Mossey’s favourite circuits and the Cambridge rider’s eager to get back to the form he showed at the opening round at Silverstone whilst Backlund has had three more weeks to increase his fitness levels after suffering a broken collarbone in early April and arrives at the Kent venue with the firm target of scoring his first points of the season.

In the Dickies British Supersport Championship, Andrew Reid and his Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki are very much the combination to beat and with two wins from the three races held thus far, the Northern Irishman will be looking to increase his advantage over his rivals, which currently stands at a more than healthy 16 points.

Meanwhile, there are also two Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship races on the schedule and having taken an excellent second first time out at Oulton, reigning Champions Ricky Stevens and Ryan Charlwood are firmly aiming at chalking up their first win of the 2016 season.

Luke Mossey: 

“After a disappointing time last time at Oulton, I’m raring to go again and keen to make amends. The bike’s been working well all season and I’m feeling confident in myself so the target has to be a podium. The weather looks like it’s going to be on our side, thankfully, so we should have a good weekend and be back at the sharp end again.”

Filip Backlund: 

“I’m feeling really positive about the weekend ahead at Brands and with nearly three weeks since I last rode, my arm is a lot better and although I’ve still a bit of work to do with my back muscles, I’m feeling a lot stronger. I’ll definitely be more competitive at Brands than I was at Oulton and I’m confident I’ll be able to fight for some good points this weekend.”

Pete Extance, Team Owner: 

“After a somewhat disappointing time at the North West 200 for James (Hillier), the team now regroups for the third BSB round at Brands Hatch. Andrew Reid has a had a great start to the season and will be aiming to consolidate his title lead whilst the Sidecar boys, Ricky and Ryan, will be looking to go one better than last time and stand on the top step of the podium.”

“Luke suffered in the wet at Oulton so is hoping for a dry weekend to get his season back on track and with his injury now firmly on the mend, Filip is intent on scoring his first points of the season.”

[Image: quattroplantlogo.jpg]
20-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Website Find Reply