IDDON & LAVERTY GUNNING FOR BRANDS INDY SUCCESS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
IDDON & LAVERTY GUNNING FOR BRANDS INDY SUCCESS
[Image: iddonpodium.jpg]

It’s back to British Superbike Championship action at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit this weekend for Tyco BMW and their championship leader Christian Iddon and third placed man Michael Laverty.

Both riders have had a strong start to the season aboard their TAS Racing prepared S1000RR machinery in Superbike trim, and collectively the boys will be aiming to feature in the podium mix again this weekend at Brands.

Iddon has a 14-point advantage at the top of the table coming into round three, after posting four consecutive podiums on his Tyco BMW in the opening four races of the season. Laverty is third in the championship standings after taking the opening day race one win at Silverstone, backed up with three further hard fought top six finishes.

Christian Iddon: 

“I had a break last weekend and was over watching Hutchy and the boys at the North West 200, where the team got a win and a two podiums, now it’s our turn to get back to race action. The season, so far, has gone to plan for me… well apart from a race win. In saying that I’m happy with four podiums from the opening four races, especially at Oulton last time out, where others struggled and it would have been very easy to come away with nothing. A win is obviously high on the agenda but consistency is the key in amongst the calibre of rider that we have in BSB. Competition is at an all-time high, but I expect us to be right in the thick of the action again this weekend again on the Tyco BMW.”

Michael Laverty: 

“I’m looking forward to getting back on track at Brands as every time we’ve been on the bike this year we have been fast. I don’t expect that to change this weekend. Despite it being the short track, we know the bike will work well around the Indy circuit, so it will be possible to fight for wins. The weather forecast is looking a bit strange but after Oulton we now have a decent wet and intermediate set-up as well as in the dry. It’s a unique place with a 46 second lap, which means it’s a bit of a head-banging scratcher’s circuit, but in the race it still boils down to who has the best set-up over the 30 laps and I’m confident we can be in that mix on the Tyco BMW and take some decent podium credits. As I say I’ve been fast everywhere this year, even at Oulton, where I was just a bit cautious in the conditions.”

After his Superstock win and new lap record at the International North West 200 and second place in the Superbike race, it’s back to Superstock 1000cc British championship action for Ian Hutchinson, along with reigning champion Josh Elliott this weekend. One point separate the Tyco BMW duo in third and fourth place respectively in the championship standings, as the action moves to Brands Indy on Sunday.

Philip Neill – Team Manager: 

“It’s been a busy couple of weeks with the NW200 in between BSB rounds but we are all looking forward to getting back to British Superbike action at Brands. The Indy circuit can throw up its own challenges but we’ve started the season solidly with both Michael and Christian and the goal is continue that run this weekend.

Podium credits are the obvious target for both men as we look to build a strong foundation towards the Showdown. In Superstock Hutchy will no doubt be full of confidence off the back of his North West 200 win and I know Josh Elliott is very determined to show just why he has the number 1 plate on his Tyco BMW. Here’ s hoping for a good weekend.”

Timetable

Friday [May 20]: 
10.15am – Free Practice 1 [BSB]; 
11.45am – Stock1000 Practice; 
2.40pm – Stock1000 Qualifying 1; 
3.15pm – Free Practice 2 [BSB]

Saturday [May 21]: 
10am – Free Practice 3 [BSB]; 
12.45pm – Stock1000 Qualifying 2; 
2.02pm – British Superbike Qualifying [Q1/2/3];

Sunday [May 22]: 

10.23am – Stock100 Warm-up;