Schoots happy with progress at Brands
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Schoots happy with progress at Brands
[Image: ILRlogo.jpg]

It was a contented Nadieh Schoots who came away from the latest round of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship at Brands Hatch.

Free Practice saw Schoots post a time within the qualifying benchmark to get her weekend off to an encouraging start and she followed this up by going over a second quicker in the first qualifying session.
The second session would see her improve further to place her on the grid, and banish the non-qualifying disappointment of the previous round at Oulton Park.

Starting from 36th on the grid, it was always going to be a struggle for Nadieh to gather any real momentum round the short 1.2 miles Indy circuit, nevertheless she gave it a good go and enjoyed a race long battle with Ricky Dickinson whom she passed on Lap 5.
Nadieh then tried to catch the riders in front and was closing slightly as the chequered flag brought an end to a more positive weekend for the Dutch girl.

The next round is at Knockhill in four weeks.

In the meantime it's a return to the roads for Team ILR when team owner/manager Ian Lougher makes a much anticipated return to the Isle of Man TT races to spearhead the Suter MMX500 challenge.

[Image: nadschootsatbrands.jpg]

Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher: 

''I feel both Nadieh and her team-mate Connall progressed through the weekend on both of their machines. We have a lot of set up data now, especially with the ZX-10R, so Nadieh was very happy with the set up of her bike from the first free practice session, improving her lap times all through the weekend.

There's a bit of a break now before both riders return to action at the next round at Knockhill on June 24th-26th so everyone is looking forward to going there, let's hope there are less midges there this time, as last year Asa and Matt got eaten alive!!!!!!''

Nadieh Schoots:

"Very happy with my race!

Started at position 36, then had a nice little battle going for second to last. I pushed the other rider into a mistake on Lap 5 and was able to pass and quickly managed to open up a gap. I steadily gained on rider in front of me, however he pulled into the pits.

New PR - Finished 30th - Stoked! 

A big thank-you to the team for all their help."

28-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Website Find Reply