CHAMPIONSHIP LEADERS JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI HEAD NORTH OF THE BORDER!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CHAMPIONSHIP LEADERS JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI HEAD NORTH OF THE BORDER!
[Image: jgspeedfithdr2.jpg]

MCE British Superbike Championship leaders JG Speedfit Kawasaki head to the popular Knockhill circuit in Scotland this weekend, with Leon Haslam eager to extend his lead at the top of the standings, whilst James Ellison and Peter Hickman aim to move into the all-important Showdown positions.

It has been a lengthy break for the JG Speedfit Kawasaki British Superbike team since the last round at Brands Hatch in May, but the trio of James Ellison, Leon Haslam and Peter Hickman are raring to go when the season gets back underway at Knockhill this weekend.

With three wins and a further four podiums between them from the six races so far, it has been a fantastic start for the team. Following on from a successful two day test at Snetterton last week, the whole team is eager to continue this form at Knockhill. At only 1.2 miles long, the circuit is one of the shortest tracks on the calendar and its tight and twisty nature makes it a very physical weekend for the riders.  

Having made a big step forward at the Snetterton tests, James Ellison is looking forward to getting back out on his ZX-10R, 

“I’m really looking forward to it! It’s been a long time since we were last racing and although we had the two day test at Snetterton last week – it’s just not the same as a race weekend! The test was really good for us though, we had a new fuel tank to try which should give us an improved feeling at the start of the race, when it’s full.

I really like Knockhill, it’s a great circuit and the fans are always out in force and passionate. Given the power our bikes now have, it makes Knockhill very different to any other circuit with it being so short, tight and twisty. We’re just outside the all-important Showdown top six at the moment so I’ll be looking to fix that this weekend!”  

Another circuit he has not ridden for a long time, Leon Haslam is excited to be heading back to Knockhill 

“Although Knockhill is another circuit I’ve not visited for eight years, and is very different to the tracks I’m used to, it’s a place I’m really looking forward to going back to. I’ve won in the past round here and after a very good test at Snetterton I’m confident we can be challenging for top honours again this weekend.

Coming in as Championship leader doesn’t change the way I approach things – it’s fantastic to be leading the series already, particularly after the technical problems at Silverstone, but it’s a long season! The bike is getting better with every outing, and we still have new components planned to be arriving throughout the rest of the year which will hopefully mean we can keep taking steps forward and arrive at the Showdown in the best possible position.”

Having had a busy few weeks competing at the Isle of Man TT, Peter Hickman is now ready to get his BSB season back on track, 

“Knockhill is very different to what I’ve been used to over the last few weeks but I can’t wait to get back into BSB action. The test last week was really good, not only did it let me get my head back into short circuit mode and riding on Pirelli’s again without the pressure of a race weekend, but the bike felt mega too.

I love Knockhill, it’s a circuit that I’ve traditionally gone well at and it’s a lot of fun to ride. It seems to suit my riding style quite well so I’m hopeful we can be pushing up towards the front this weekend. We’re sitting in eighth in the Championship and although it’s still early days we’re close the Showdown positions, so the goal this weekend is move up the standings and get into the top six! ”

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen concluded, 

“Although it has been a lengthy break in terms of BSB, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team just hasn’t stopped as we’ve been busy with our Road Racing commitments and testing. We now switch our focus fully back into short circuit racing as we look to extend our lead at the top of the MCE British Superbike standings this weekend. We’ve won fifty percent of the races so far this year, which is a real testament to not just our riders but the technical team as well.

I love travelling up to Scotland and racing at Knockhill and I know the camp is in the mood to win – so that’s exactly what we are all going to try and do. The riders and all the lads are in good form and I’m confident we can see another green machine on the top step again”

[Image: leonhaslampreknockhill.jpg]
Series Leader Leon Haslam
21-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Website Find Reply