ALL EYES LOOK NORTH FOR QUATTRO PLANT KAWASAKI
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ALL EYES LOOK NORTH FOR QUATTRO PLANT KAWASAKI
[Image: quattrokawaskipreknockhill.jpg]

After their highly successful campaign at the Isle of Man TT races, the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team return to British Championship action this weekend with Luke Mossey, Filip Backlund, Andrew Reid and Ricky Stevens/Ryan Charlwood heading north of the border to Knockhill in Scotland.

It’s been five weeks since round three took place at Brands Hatch and Mossey and Backlund will again contest the two MCE British Superbike Championship races at the Fife circuit and after two days of official testing last week at Snetterton, both are eager to resume their challenge.

Cambridge rider Mossey currently occupies tenth in the Championship table after the first three rounds and was on the pace throughout the Snetterton test, ending up second quickest on the first day and fifth overall after the team opted out of the second of the two days.

Backlund, meanwhile, placed 21st overall at Snetterton after he too only completed the first day but it was an encouraging test for the Swedish rider and he’s looking forward to securing his first points of the season at Knockhill.

Northern Ireland’s Reid was also in action at Snetterton and was the second quickest rider in the Dickies British Supersport Championship field, just 0.114s behind the pace setting Tarran Mackenzie. Riding the Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki, Reid saw his lead reduced to six points after the last round at Brands Hatch and is keen to get back to winning ways and pull away from the rapidly closing James Westmoreland.

The fourth team members are Ricky Stevens/Ryan Charlwood and the duo currently lie in second overall in the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship. The pairing have taken three second place finishes on their LCR Kawasaki in the three races held thus far and having taken a double at Knockhill this time last year, they’re confident of serving up a repeat performance.

Luke Mossey: 

“I’m definitely looking forward to going racing again as five weeks is a long time! Even though we only did one day, the Snetterton test went really well and we were able to try a few things on the bike. Finishing second overall on the only day we did was pleasing and with Knockhill giving me some good results in the past, I’ll be gunning for my first podium of the season.”

Filip Backlund: 

“I’m feeling good and the few week’s break have enabled me to get back to 100% fitness. I had a good test at Snetterton and had no pain whilst I was able to move around on the bike exactly as I wanted to so I can’t wait to get to Knockhill with the firm aim of planting myself inside the top ten.”

Pete Extance, Team Owner: 

“After the break for the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT, the whole BSB team are really looking forward to Knockhill and getting back to the short circuits – it’s a busy weekend too with three races for the sidecar boys, two for the Superbikes and two for the Supersports. Knockhill hasn’t been the happiest of hunting grounds for us in the past but we’re confident of bringing some silverware back to Bournemouth this time around.”

“Luke rode well last time out at Brands and was bang on the pace at the Snetterton test whilst Filip is now fully recovered and looking to get himself inside the top ten. For Andy, he aims to capitalise on his Championship lead and get back to winning ways and with Championship leaders Tim Reeves/Gregory Cluze absent, it’s a golden opportunity for Ricky and Ryan to take full advantage of the three races and take over at the top of the Championship table.”

[Image: quattroplantlogo.jpg]
23-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Website Find Reply