HUTCHY PODIUM HIGHLIGHT AT KNOCKHILL FOR TYCO BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HUTCHY PODIUM HIGHLIGHT AT KNOCKHILL FOR TYCO BMW
[Image: hutchyatknockhill.jpg]

A podium for Ian Hutchinson in the National Superstock 1000cc class didn’t quite reflect the collective effort of the four-strong Tyco BMW team during round four of the British Superbike Championship at Knockhill in Scotland.

Reigning Stock1000 champion Josh Elliott was involved in a coming together with current series leader Taylor Mackenzie whilst disputing the lead. Mackenzie was penalised for the move and demoted to fourth place, but it didn’t help Elliott’s cause.

The Tyco BMW rider had to regroup, having taken to the gravel trap following the incident on lap 7 of 24, and fought back valiantly from outside the top ten to eventually take seventh place. Ian Hutchinson was promoted from third to second place after the penalty imposed on Mackenzie.

In the Superbike class, despite showing so much promise in the opening sessions, Michael Laverty’s best result came by way of eighth place in race one. Christian Iddon posted 14th on his Tyco BMW in the opening encounter.

Iddon did improve to tenth in race two with Laverty outside the points. Both riders complained of visions problems with their helmets misting up in the second encounter, which was a frustrating end to a tough weekend in Scotland.

Iddon leaves Knockhill fourth in the British Superbike Championship standings with Laverty seventh. Elliott and Hutchinson are joint third in the National Superstock 1000cc  Championship standings.

Ian Hutchinson: 

“I got a bad start and worked my way up to within a couple of seconds of Taylor and was comfortable in second place. I’m disappointed as I got a pit board with +3.6sec, which should have been +0.3sec and I rolled it off on the last lap and Keith came past me. I don’t know what happened; it was obviously a mistake. With the outcome it cost us the win, but mistakes can happen and it’s another podium. We had a great test at Snetterton and the goal is to go there and get that win.”

Josh Elliott: 

“The incident was frustrating and the outcome proved who was in the wrong. Sadly it doesn’t reflect the effort from the team this weekend, as the set-up improvements we made on the Tyco BMW, was good enough to allow me to fight for the win. I can go away confident in the knowledge that we can enter round five at Snetterton in a positive frame of mind and really kick on and look for that elusive win on the S1000RR.”

Christian Iddon: 

“In truth I just wasn’t good enough today, despite struggling to get that front end feel and confidence that we had in the early rounds. In race two I just couldn’t see, so tenth was damage limitation and it’s something I’m going to have to look at. On a positive note I’m coming away third in the championship, which is a bonus, but from Snetterton I want to be back fighting at the sharp end.”

Michael Laverty: 

“Knockhill was a weekend that promised so much but delivered so little. We were fast all weekend, setting the fastest ever lap around the circuit during Friday practice, but today proved that being the fastest isn’t always enough. I was having a good opening race, making my way through in a comfortable fashion. The tangle with Hopper cost me the chance of a race win and my laps over the rest of the race were faster than anyone.

“Race two was a disaster: I had vision problems from the outset, however I wasn’t fast enough in the wet conditions to run at the front and this is something we need to address. I never like to retire from a race and remained on track in the hope that I might pick up the pieces and bag a point or two. We will regroup and come back strong at Snetterton in two weeks time.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager: 

“After setting the fastest ever lap of the Knockhill circuit on our S1000RR and topping two of the three practice session, it’s fair to say today’s results are a disappointment for all at Tyco BMW.

“Hutchy had a good battle for the win in Superstock and Josh was unlucky to be forced off track when he looked set to challenge for his first win of the year.

“Circumstances simply didn’t work in our favour in both Superbike races, with Michael again being forced off track whilst looking comfortable at race winning pace. Christian suffered a crash this morning and struggled to reach his full potential in race one. During a wet second race, both riders suffered with vision problems, which significantly affected their chances of challenging with the front-runners.

“On a positive note, each of our riders has proven they have the pace to win races on their BMW S1000RRs and we expect to challenge for more race wins at Snetterton.”

BSB Championship Standings: 

Leon Haslam 128pts; 2nd – Shane Byrne 115; 3rd – Christian Iddon 94; 4th – Richard Cooper 93; 5th – James Ellison 89; 6th – Jason O’Halloran 80

National Superstock 100cc Standings: 

Taylor Mackenzie 108pts; 2nd – Keith Farmer 73; 3rd – Josh Eliott / Ian Hutchinson 72; 5th – Hudson Kennaugh 53; 6th – Michael Rutter 50

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
28-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Website Find Reply