JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI AIM TO EXTEND SERIES LEAD AT SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI AIM TO EXTEND SERIES LEAD AT SNETTERTON
[Image: jgspeedfithdr2.jpg]

The high-speed Snetterton circuit in Norfolk is the next stop for the MCE British Superbike Championship circus, and the three JG Speedfit Kawasaki riders will be looking to continue the team’s run of seven consecutive races on the podium whilst series leader Leon Haslam will be looking to extend his lead at the top of the standings.

It has been a fantastic start to the season for the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team, having taken four wins and a further five podiums from the eight races so far, and after a successful test at the Norfolk circuit last month, James Ellison, Leon Haslam and Peter Hickman return this weekend confident of continuing the team’s run of seven consecutive races on the podium.

The Snetterton circuit is one of the fastest on the calendar thanks to two long straights that sees speeds exceed 180mph and all three riders will be utilising the data gained here during the test to hit the ground running Friday morning as they focus on race set-up ahead of Sunday.

Having moved into the all-important top six Showdown position at Knockhill, James Ellison is ready to strengthen his Championship standing and claim his first win of the year, 

“I really enjoy the Snetterton 300 circuit. It was always a fun circuit to ride but the changes a few years ago have just made it even better. The test we had here a few weeks ago was invaluable – we’re still learning with the new ZX-10R and as we have a good base setting for the weekend it means we can try some things Friday morning which might not necessarily mean we’ll be at the top of the timesheets straight away!

We had a really good weekend at Knockhill and made some big steps forward with the bike so I’m looking forward to continuing that momentum this weekend. We’re in the top six now, and have some podiums under our belt so it’s now time to take our first win of the year!”  

Currently out testing with the official Suzuka 8 hour Kawasaki team in Japan, Leon Haslam heads to Snetterton ready to extend his lead 

“I felt confident going into Knockhill and we had another win in the dry and in the wet I felt we had the pace for a second win before the visor problem so our aim this weekend is to claim the double.

The recent test here was the first time I had ridden the 300 circuit layout and I am looking forward to the races; the number of corners has doubled since my last race there so that gives even more chances for moves and definitely makes it more exciting for the fans, especially with the improved spectator areas. We are all pushing really hard for every point and you can’t afford to give an inch in these races – you have to stamp your authority but also ride smart and smooth”

Taking big steps at Knockhill, Peter Hickman is ready to move into the top six, 

“I’m really looking forward to this weekend. Since they made the changes to Snetterton for various reasons I’ve not had much time on the track so the test here last month was fantastic and I now can’t wait to get going for the race weekend! It’s a great mix of real fast sections and some slow corners so I think Sunday is going to be a lot of fun.

Our goal is to make the Showdown, it’s where I feel I should be and where the bike certainly should be. We made some big steps forward at Knockhill and two good results this weekend can see us move into the top six.”

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen concluded, 

“Knockhill was a great weekend for the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team, we strengthened our lead at the top of the Championship and maintained our 50% win rate for the year. Snetterton is always a fantastic event and the whole team is looking forward to returning this weekend where we aim to continue our winning streak, extend our lead at the top of the standings and get all three riders into a Showdown position!”

[Image: Haslam-Snetterton-Test.jpg]
Leon Haslam looking to extend series lead
05-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Website Find Reply